Hello
Hello my name is John, I live in New Hampshire and have been drawing since I was a we young lad. Back when I was a pre-teen/ teen in the early 90's my influences that got me into art were comic book artists like Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Alex Garner, many others. I also had a huge interest in the art found in D&D books and Magic the Gathering cards. When I got into my twenties I had "some" issues with substance abuse and lost close to 10 years of my art life to it. When I finally decided it was time to sober up I took to painting landscapes traditionally, It was great but it's not completely what I wanted to focus on, so recently I started drawing again with the help of sites like ctrl-paint and Andrew Loomis books I've spent the last couple of months trying to rebuild my foundation skills, slowly mixing in still life's in digital to get used to the stylus and Photoshop.

Hey John and welcome to CD!

Your origin story was really inspiring to read!
I have someone very close to me that has a similar background story - although they've yet to overcome their issues and probably won't be getting back into art because of it. So thank you for sharing, really.

CTRL paint and Loomis already? Yes! Sound like you're already on the right track :)

I look forward to checking out your work, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(06-30-2013, 12:51 PM)smrrfette Wrote: Hey John and welcome to CD!

Your origin story was really inspiring to read!
I have someone very close to me that has a similar background story - although they've yet to overcome their issues and probably won't be getting back into art because of it. So thank you for sharing, really.

CTRL paint and Loomis already? Yes! Sound like you're already on the right track :)

I look forward to checking out your work, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hey,
Thanks for the reply, Much appreciated.

Hey John,
Welcome to Crimson Daggers and hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Can't wait to see your sketchbook.
Have lots of fun, see you around.

CD dA FM  MaL