World Design Challenge: Wk 1
Planet Name: Boada
Topology: Continental (several landmasses)
Environment: Mountainous, Rocky, Desert
Civilization Tech level: Near Future
Cultural type: Celtic, Modern,
Creature Consciousness: rare sentience

Description: A relatively young planet, balanced evenly with the deep blue ocean and rocky, barren mountains. Tough, arid plant and animal life scour the world for food and shelter. Huge mountains scatter across the landscape, creating patches of grassland in valleys between massive scorched deserts. A thriving civilization has survived and flourished among the harsh environments, bonding with the wildlife and the scarce but always present power of the natural world. Their technology surpasses that seen of earth, but only just....will it continue to do so remains to be seen.

Requirements:

4 enviroments
3 characters
4 creatures
2 vehicles
10 - 20 props including architecture, weapons etc
Plant life and storyboards = bonus

Brief is optional feel free to work on ur own world.

This is a two week challenge. Week 1 focuses on Concept art and design. Week 2 focuses on illustration and visual storytelling. U can focus on one or the other if u want :). Challenges start every week to keep momentum going.

Some refs for some inspiration included below :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a quick note: Wouldn't it be better to start a new challenge every 2 weeks? So one ends, the other starts?
im easy on that one :) whatever everyone else thinks on it. also should we do a WIP thread and finals? should we post Wip's in here?

Well it is your challenge :p

But for so many illustrations I would do one wip thread, one finals for concept and one final for the end.
Though the finals could be combined :)
Beautiful

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
I am so down for this. Will post some stuff for this very soon!

Is there a WIP thread already up?

SKETCH - YOUTUBE  - TWITTER 
Ok i will setup WIP thread now, i think 1 final thread be ok. Also np about ownership this isnt apple inc. if anyone wants to run the challenge or w/e any week, or have any suggestions, pm me and we work it out :)

I'm up!

lol.... ok man

Also if u want to chat to people on skype pm me with ur name and ill add u.

Also, after trying we were thinking, should plants and vegetation be props? wut do u think.
Also Should we add storyboards to the mix? Hows about 10 sound?

Also colour keys?

hmmmmm

I'll be doing some world building for summer pitch anyways, so I'm definitely up for this.
10 storyboards sounds good, but it'd be better to leave that for the second week, as that's more related to illustration. The current requirements are for the first week only right?