E~learning
Hi fellas,
I'm looking for a great digital painting program on the net. Right now, I have two popular sites but before to do the investment, I would like to ask If any of you can advice me about the best. That would be much appreciate!

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/
Or
http://chrisoatley.com/digital-painting-in-photoshop/

Thanks in advance!

John
Hey John, Chris Oatley is great, tons of stuff around his blog/artcasts/website.

My best suggestion would be www.CtrlPaint.com It is an enormous resource, absolutely everything you could hope for as a beginning digital artist. Serious.

Also.. there is vast amounts to learn in this forum. Check out the Mentoring, Tutorials and Resources sub forum, there are member created videos covering a slew of art fundamentals, technique, design, ect..

Lots to go through, hope it helps.
Have fun!

(07-08-2013, 06:35 AM)Wretched Wrote: Hey John, Chris Oatley is great, tons of stuff around his blog/artcasts/website.

My best suggestion would be www.CtrlPaint.com It is an enormous resource, absolutely everything you could hope for as a beginning digital artist. Serious.

Also.. there is vast amounts to learn in this forum. Check out the Mentoring, Tutorials and Resources sub forum, there are member created videos covering a slew of art fundamentals, technique, design, ect..

Lots to go through, hope it helps.
Have fun!

Hi Wretched, Thanks a lot for your suggestion and time; I´ve check Ctrlpaint and looks GREAT!, nice advice. I´m new here and looks like I must check this site better.
Have a great week,

John.
If you want to learn how to use photoshop itself, you can also take a one month subscription of Lynda.com (25$). Then you should be up to speed to follow tutorials specifically about painting.

(07-11-2013, 11:33 AM)ChantalFournier Wrote: If you want to learn how to use photoshop itself, you can also take a one month subscription of Lynda.com (25$). Then you should be up to speed to follow tutorials specifically about painting.

Good choice Chantal, I´ve seen some Lynda´s Corel Painter tutorials, they´re very good, thanks!
I used Lynda to learn inDesign and Dreamweaver and I couldn't have learned to use them so well by myself:)