Oh my crit!
Is this happening, compositionally? I have no clue at this point! And the stairs/bridge thing leading up out of the castle, I -cannot- for the life of me get them to look right.

Invoking the powers of the famed Crimson Daggers! :O

[Image: HUGYYsW.jpg]
The top of the curvy bridge thing should probably become paler in the distance and the bg as well. Right now, it looks like it's coming back towards us and we start seeing the underside and that's confusing. You should push back the building at the extreme right too, by making it paler. Now it feels like it's right against the curvy bridge. It's an interesting concept but I don't know if we should see ground or water or cloud under the structures, it's pretty floaty.

(07-12-2013, 07:06 AM)ChantalFournier Wrote: The top of the curvy bridge thing should probably become paler in the distance and the bg as well. Right now, it looks like it's coming back towards us and we start seeing the underside and that's confusing. You should push back the building at the extreme right too, by making it paler. Now it feels like it's right against the curvy bridge. It's an interesting concept but I don't know if we should see ground or water or cloud under the structures, it's pretty floaty.

Ahh! It is supposed to look like it's coming back towards you! But the distance of it seems weird, like it comes back too fast? Or we see too much of the underside? I have -no- idea how to paint it to look right :O
Your values and composition are great, but I think the perspective is whats throwing you off. I did a paintover for you.

I feel like the stairs at the front aren't steep enough to be stairs and they look rather flat, also the walkway up to the castle, if it's stairs it is too flat, there needs to be a bit of an incline. The only issue with the stairway coming back towards us was that it wasn't big enough. I hope that helps (:

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey this looks pretty good compositionally :)

In addition to the two previous comments, I think you could also make the foreground darker, and perhaps add a person in the foreground for scale purposes. Right now there's nothing really giving insight to the size of the structure, and to me it looks it pretty small since its only 4 or 5 times as tall as the the stairs you have here.

making the foreground slightly darker is also gonna make it punch out a bit more and frame the comp pretty well. Everything else looks pretty rad though, I like the concept and you did a nice job with the atmospheric perspective around the castle thing