AAF - Aneurin Alexanda Frayne's sketchbook.
Working on a 40k chaos commission.

The brief was really open basically said I could do what I want. I started with the focus being on a single marine but we decided a small battle scene would be cool. Here are some of the ideas and progression.

life isn't about finding yourself life's about creating yourself.
Finished my Chaos space marine fan art.

I’v never bought a Welsh football shirt, they are always really poorly designed compared to others. Mainly because we suck. But we actually have some good players now. Thought i’d redesign one for jokes. They should hire me next time.

Done an away kit between other work. Nice and simple and doesn't take too much thinking ha.

Bang Pew Bang Bang Pew BANG.
Can be seen bigger on my blog.
1- Standard issue assault rifle. Equipped with reflex scope and angled foregrip. Fires 5.56 rounds effective up to 600 meters.

2- Special operations assault rifle. Equipped with red dot scope capable of multiple zoom settings toggle via side switch. Also comes equipped with under-barrel multi purpose launcher and slide lock silencer. This particular rifle has been stripped of all insignia and personal codes and the user has added a non issue weapon sling.

3- Shortened version of the assault rifle designed as a PDW or given to tank crewmen. Equipped with reflex scope and purpose built foregrip with laser.

4- Marksman rifle. Equipped with optical scope and foregrip/bi-pod. Being a semi automatic rifle designed for precision fire this rifle fires 7.62 rounds effective up to 1000 meters. This rifle is the longest serving rifle that the company produce and has been in service for over 40 years with few modifications.

5- Pistol. Equipped with built in reflex scope, small range laser/torch and slide lock silencer. The user of this pistol has opted to use an extended mag and a precision grip.

6- Long range sniper rifle. Equipped with adjustable stock/cheek rest/rear monopad. Fully adjustable telescopic sight with range finder, bullet drop indicator and anti glare lenses. Due to modern defense systems the rifle comes with a under-barrel emp pulse system which is linked to the rifle. When the operator fires the weapon an electronic pulse is also fired along with the bullet. This makes a small window in electronic defense systems allowing the bullet to hit successfully.
This rifle fires 12.7 (50 cal) rounds effective up to 2200 meters.

updated an older piece yesterday. I don't like visiting and revising older work, I generally think you should just do new work but but I quite like the theme of the piece so thought i'd revamp it.

Cas end of the wolrd ting yano?

Quick colour study, using the smudge brush which I NEVER use, might have to in future, seemed pretty dope yo

some more colour studies, quick and fun.

Wanted to paint something that wasn't the usual soldier blah blah

Been learning zbrush a little bit, challenging but fun.

Bit of fanart.

Wow I wouldn't call that "a little bit" of ZBrush learning. That's pretty good! Keep at it if you want to be a character artist!

Focus.