Hello all
Hello everyone! My name is Mike.

My story.

High school, I was a art god( well at high school level at least :) ) Did murals in the city for the city and hyper realism oil paintings that were dark and surreal. I never really practiced hard growing up, I was just that kid that had the talent to look beyond the object and see the intricacies within. After High school and turning down two full art scholarships, life took hold and I stopped painting all together for many personal reasons.

Now, fast forward 14 years. Making money, stressed out on everything that goes around that. Recently, I was laid off from my job. With a family that will shock your life! Now making 1/4 the money that I did before. I decided to go back to what made me feel good and live life! Art, the feelings you get when you are working on something so hard and digging deep into your imagination can never be expressed in words. So about a month ago I went bought myself wacom intuis tablet and cs5. Started doing some little sketches with a group online I found, But realized I needed to be challenged more.

So here I am. Still trying to find my style. The more I sketch, the more I am starting to dust off those old creative files in the back of my brain. I hope to go to the next level here. At first glance I feel pretty intimidated. And also sad that I didn't live my dream like a lot of you have. But hope to make some friends which isn't easy for me as an introvert and get some good crits on my future work. Maybe... Just maybe, I can get back on the path I should of taken all those years ago.

Sorry for the long story, I just felt the need to express it out loud. Most likely no one will read this anyway :)

TL;DR Hipster here.. Hello.

-illset
dont stress out we are only people at the other end of a cyber web so dont be harsh on yourself saying it hard to make friend it not hard finding friend you just need to let it come or to share something. Do what you like so you enjoy doing it then keep up rising the bar. Work hard
Hey Illset,

although I'm still at college, I can relate this tiny bit. I've had talent and always got attention for my art but I stopped a few years for personal reasons..and now I'm starting all over again - you're not alone with this. You show bravery by changing your life and taking a new route. I hope you'll find a lot of support here and I'm sure you'll be able to grow as an artist if you're willing to work hard.
(08-02-2013, 02:44 AM)illset Wrote: Hello everyone! My name is Mike.

My story.

High school, I was a art god( well at high school level at least :) ) Did murals in the city for the city and hyper realism oil paintings that were dark and surreal. I never really practiced hard growing up, I was just that kid that had the talent to look beyond the object and see the intricacies within. After High school and turning down two full art scholarships, life took hold and I stopped painting all together for many personal reasons.

Now, fast forward 14 years. Making money, stressed out on everything that goes around that. Recently, I was laid off from my job. With a family that will shock your life! Now making 1/4 the money that I did before. I decided to go back to what made me feel good and live life! Art, the feelings you get when you are working on something so hard and digging deep into your imagination can never be expressed in words. So about a month ago I went bought myself wacom intuis tablet and cs5. Started doing some little sketches with a group online I found, But realized I needed to be challenged more.

So here I am. Still trying to find my style. The more I sketch, the more I am starting to dust off those old creative files in the back of my brain. I hope to go to the next level here. At first glance I feel pretty intimidated. And also sad that I didn't live my dream like a lot of you have. But hope to make some friends which isn't easy for me as an introvert and get some good crits on my future work. Maybe... Just maybe, I can get back on the path I should of taken all those years ago.

Sorry for the long story, I just felt the need to express it out loud. Most likely no one will read this anyway :)

TL;DR Hipster here.. Hello.

-illset

pff bro we all ride the same boat ,don't stress it lol

Thank you! Look forward to moving closer to my goals with everyone here.
: ) there is a lot of people who will read this,and who should read it.
You inspire me, it takes a lot of courage to go back to something you loved after all you've been through. Never give up on your dreams and what makes you feel better.
I can't wait to check out your sketchbook and hopefully see some of those old oil paintings.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers and enjoy your stay : )

CD dA FM  MaL
(08-07-2013, 02:04 AM)Toxicpanda Wrote: : ) there is a lot of people who will read this,and who should read it.
You inspire me, it takes a lot of courage to go back to something you loved after all you've been through. Never give up on your dreams and what makes you feel better.
I can't wait to check out your sketchbook and hopefully see some of those old oil paintings.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers and enjoy your stay : )

Thank you for your kind words!