SQL Error: TITLE NOT FOUND
Hello. Thanks for taking a look at my sketchbook. I'm going to start this off with some stuff from the last six months or so that I've posted elsewhere. I'm always happy to receive feedback and criticism.

My main artistic goal is to improve my ability to create realistic images both from my imagination and from life. I'm currently taking a long pose figure-drawing class at kline academy in LA, and going through bridgeman books and copying bargue plates, and trying to draw for at least an hour or so a day.

Oldest:
[Image: koi_study_by_nickbernstein-d5qtf7b.png]
[Image: koi_study_2_by_nickbernstein-d5qtfas.png]
[Image: reddit_gets_drawn1_by_nickbernstein-d5r01dy.png]
[Image: koi_tattoo_first_draft_by_nickbernstein-d5rgda0.png]
[Image: 2013_01_20_reddit_gets_drawn_practice_pi...5s6v66.png]
[Image: 2013_01_21_reddit_gets_drawn_practice_pi...5sbaxk.png]
[Image: 2013_01_30_rgd_by_nickbernstein-d5tbtkh.jpg]
[Image: 2013_04_04_rgd_by_nickbernstein-d60fzh6.png]
[Image: sakura_by_nickbernstein-d60hlnp.png]
[Image: reddit_gets_drawn_009_by_nickbernstein-d61sehp.jpg]
[Image: human_machine_pgs1_3_by_nickbernstein-d61wf9z.png]
[Image: human_machine_pgs4_6_by_nickbernstein-d61wffu.png]
[Image: human_machine_pgs7_9_by_nickbernstein-d61wfiw.png]
[Image: rgd_2013_04_18_by_nickbernstein-d6278km.jpg]
[Image: rgd_2013_04_19___serviceman___work_in_pr...62byhu.jpg]
[Image: 2013_04_30_life_draw_practice_by_nickber...63oas9.png]
[Image: rgd_2013_04_21_by_nickbernstein-d63oav9.jpg]
[Image: bell_study_by_nickbernstein-d64m6g5.png]
[Image: bridgeman_study_by_nickbernstein-d6aedc1.jpg]
[Image: bridgeman_study_by_nickbernstein-d6aedii.jpg]
[Image: bridgeman_study_by_nickbernstein-d6aedqm.jpg]
[Image: bridgeman_study_by_nickbernstein-d6aedu7.jpg]
[Image: viridiangreen___reddit_gets_drawn_by_nic...6c7ac6.png]
[Image: 50_hands_by_nickbernstein-d6chnkk.png]
[Image: georgina2_lowres_0_by_nickbernstein-d6dj0ix.jpg]
[Image: 2013_07_19___fig_drawing_practice_from_p...6edtoa.jpg]
[Image: rebecca_3_scaled_by_nickbernstein-d6edtuf.jpg]
[Image: 2013_07_27_by_nickbernstein-d6fi85a.jpg]
[Image: mask_scaled_by_nickbernstein-d6ft8sz.png]
[Image: spaceman_by_nickbernstein-d6gq0p5.jpg]
Most recent

Anyway, thanks for taking a look. I hope to keep improving and making progress. I recently discovered the google hangout and plan on spending a good amount of time there doing studies and working.
Photo 
[Image: drunkenkatamari_by_nickbernstein-d6je63y.jpg]
[Image: assign_1_races_by_nickbernstein-d6jr658.jpg]
[Image: 2013_08_17_by_nickbernstein-d6ju9wb.jpg]
[Image: c28f7b72e20756199d2aa58a73f87b9f-d6jgg0m.jpg]
[Image: assignment2_5_things_by_nickbernstein-d6k5mey.jpg]
[Image: pate_6_feet_by_nickbernstein-d6k8xtq.jpg]
Welcome dude :). Looking good so far, doing all the right stuff. Keep it coming, studies look great, and those bargue's are a good idea. Nice one :).

(08-30-2013, 09:31 PM)JakeB Wrote: Welcome dude :). Looking good so far, doing all the right stuff. Keep it coming, studies look great, and those bargue's are a good idea. Nice one :).

Thanks!

These studies look great niku!
Hope you're learning heaps from 'em as well, keep churning man :)!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Been doing more pencil stuff in a dead-tree sketchbook so I haven't been updating very much, but here are two portraits from my weekly figure drawing class @ kline academy in culver city, ca.

The last picture is of a model that had posed for us about five months before. I was still getting used to doing things digitally so it looks like a more extreme difference than it really is, but it's nice to see some progress:

Still doing life drawing. Still doing anatomy stuff. I'm about 3/4 of the way through copying bridgeman's human machine.

This started out well and I fucked it up in the last 30 minutes or so. :/ Fig. dawing session, 3hr pose.
Really cool studies going on here, watch out on the proportions of that face in the last post, as good as it is you're drawing from life and studying, don't forget to apply all this knowledge to work from imagination as well with no real ref, helps give you get more out of each study. Keep up the hard work :D

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
Photo 

(01-05-2014, 10:38 PM)Egbu Wrote: Really cool studies going on here, watch out on the proportions of that face in the last post, as good as it is you're drawing from life and studying, don't forget to apply all this knowledge to work from imagination as well with no real ref, helps give you get more out of each study. Keep up the hard work :D

Thanks! I fucked that one up at the end. I do need to apply things more, but aside from drawing faces from imagination, I feel like I know I'm doing so many things wrong that it's tough to do real pieces.

I appreciate the feedback!
Whee. Zoom. Trying to do studies of more things than just people.

Current WIP:

I need to post updates to this sketchbook more. I've been doing a lot of stuff, but haven't actually posted here in a while. Been kinda down and not really feeling like putting my art out there recently since my dad had a stroke, but I need to make myself keep doing it so I can keep getting feedback and improving.

Piece I'm working on loosely based on the fall of King Arthur. I've been struggling with it, and would appreciate any feedback/crits/advice for improvement.

Thanks in advance!

Nice work that you have here niku! You're making some really good strides with each post you make!