genicecream's sketchbook
hello!! i'm genice. welcome to my sketchbook ^^
i'll start this off with some stuff from my deviantart (you can check out the stuff i've done there, as well as my art blog on tumblr. theres too much to post everything here.. haha)

[Image: tumblr_mqui4cLd1N1r75typo1_500.jpg]
(i forgot the antennas on it's head...)

[Image: tumblr_mqiwszJ6Hu1r75typo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mkg9ilfkjO1r75typo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mk8r9icOIY1r75typo1_500.jpg]

thanks for stopping by c:
something i started yesterday and finished today cc:
i watched pacific rim the other day and it inspired me to draw this crossover series (exo and pacific rim; exo is a kpop group i like, and pacific rim is.. pacific rim)
i've never seriously painted mecha/robots/etc before so this was a bit new and challenging for me

[Image: taohun_pacific_rim_au_by_genicecream-d6jb4eo.jpg]

(looking at it now, i see quite a few problems.. (eg. the jaeger's arms, uneven things,etc) most of them have to do with not rendering enough i think)
hello!!
to be honest, i haven't been frequenting this forum much
ill try to update on a more regular basis..
anyhow heres a compilation of some of the digital stuff ive done since august ^^
(ill do my best to list them in chronological order, with dates and short descriptions)

[Image: tumblr_ms41dkueML1sq56d5o1_500.jpg]
(aug 24) a quick doodle

[Image: tumblr_ms5z5gtPqz1sq56d5o1_500.jpg]
(aug 26) another quick doodle

[Image: tumblr_ms8fxqWcJq1sq56d5o1_500.jpg]
(aug 27) trying to use more evident themes/concepts in my work

[Image: tumblr_ms9l830IqC1sq56d5o1_500.jpg]
(aug 28) a speedpaint (about an hour)

[Image: tumblr_mt75xuzYek1r75typo1_500.jpg]
(sept 15) portrait of a korean celebrity (byun baekhyun)

[Image: tumblr_mtgi0n8Ljf1sq56d5o1_500.jpg]
(sept 20) again, trying to use more evident themes/concepts. also experimenting with 'unusual' colors kind of

[Image: tumblr_mtqxasZmiQ1sq56d5o1_500.jpg]
(sept 21) a sign i drew for someone's wedding (the theme was 'up' the movie, the person wanted something vintage, colorful and cute-looking with balloons and the phrase 'love is poppin' please take a treat')

[Image: tumblr_mtqxhcIggq1sq56d5o3_500.jpg]
(sept 22) goes with the sign earlier. this is one of the food signs for the wedding (the other ones are the same but with differently colored balloons and labels)

[Image: tumblr_mtuq8tl8lJ1sq56d5o1_500.jpg]
(sept 28) i finished one of the /somewhat/ scrapped versions of the sign from earlier

[Image: tumblr_mubxbaqyDI1sq56d5o1_500.jpg]
(oct 7) a quick paint of a random floating head (didn't keep track of the time)

[Image: tumblr_muhq54THOV1r75typo1_500.jpg]
(oct 11) fanart of levi from the anime shingeki no kyojin/attack on titan

[Image: tumblr_munb6qwbrV1r75typo1_500.jpg]
(oct 13) a portrait of the korean celebrity kai/kim jongin (i added the smoke and cigarette on my own)

school started for me back in the beginning of september, and i really haven't been able to draw as much digital things as i'd like..
i've been doing a lot of pencil sketches though. (i'll do a compilation of those another time)