Knichtus's Sketchbook
[font=Tahoma][size=medium] Well I joined back in July but finally getting my nerve going to actually at least start posting my sketchbook here and hopefully on CGHub. I had lost my confidence in drawing but I'm starting to get it back and I will need the practice in order to complete my Major in ATEC (Arts and Technology) if I want to make it into the field I'm thinking of going into. For now I'll upload some old sketches and studies, most of the sketches shall be studies of animals and gradually getting more into humans (I have to impress steranko next year at Dallas Comic Con after meeting him this year.) I love doing creatures and animals but I am hoping to move onto to do other studies of inorganic forms and such. Most of the reference for the speed paintings, one is from my mind the 4 other thumbnail ones were referenced from stock on dA.

[Image: knichtus_badger_face_doodles_by_knichtus...154dae.png]

[Image: knichtus_profile_by_knichtus_d5bwwap2_by...228d37.png]

[Image: _sp_2__by_knichtus-d5m1vas_zps15249cf9.png]

[Image: _bg_sp_practice_collection_1__by_knichtu...1f4914.png]
Cool! Those animal studies are looking pretty neat! The landscapes need a bit more work, specially on depth and perspective, but it's coming along. Keep it up!

(09-11-2013, 03:39 PM)Rognoll Wrote: Cool! Those animal studies are looking pretty neat! The landscapes need a bit more work, specially on depth and perspective, but it's coming along. Keep it up!

Thanks alot! Yeah I need to work on my depth and perspective so hopefully I can do some thumbnail painting this weekend. For me its best to work on a large canvas but zoom all the way out so I don't focus too much on detail and instead the entire image. The animal studies are of the 'mascot' for my work so thanks for finding them interesting.

(09-11-2013, 03:39 PM)Rognoll Wrote: Cool! Those animal studies are looking pretty neat! The landscapes need a bit more work, specially on depth and perspective, but it's coming along. Keep it up!

Oh also would you have any tips for depth and perspective? I've always had depth perception problems even in real life. thus I can tell when things are off but its rather difficult for me to necessarily correct them.
School is over for now, scanning things from my sketchbook as I begin getting into a study fest.

[Image: SketchPage-1_zpscb564de5.png]
Page of some sketches from my sketchbook, just drawing whatever I see or comes to mind, which means some fanart ahoy but studying details really helps for creature creation.

[Image: BariothColoredSketch_zpsab182f9a.png]

Coloring one of the sketches and testing out colored lineart, I am trying to do some my work in the style of William O' Connor mainly, everything drawn on paper, then colored digitally

[Image: ColoredJinougaSketch_zps9c753760.png]

Another colored sketch, coloring practice

[Image: _crap_doodle_dog__by_knichtus-d6rcvts_zps28826f72.png]

Dog study sketch. Referenced GSDxBull Terrier Cross
Lots of great creature sketches! Have you tried studying skeletons and muscles? It helps make the transfer between animals and people.

This is a good place for skeletons http://www.boneclones.com/ although it doesn't always explain them. Eyewitness books are a great reference as well. They are usually at the library, at least in the US. They've got a volume on skeletons that explains a lot, and books on most kinds of animals.

It's cool (in a geeky sort of way) to be walking outside, see a few animal bones, and think "oh, hey, that's a scapula, and that must be the humerus that fits into the socket of it!"

Sketchbook

(12-11-2013, 04:14 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Lots of great creature sketches! Have you tried studying skeletons and muscles? It helps make the transfer between animals and people.

This is a good place for skeletons http://www.boneclones.com/ although it doesn't always explain them. Eyewitness books are a great reference as well. They are usually at the library, at least in the US. They've got a volume on skeletons that explains a lot, and books on most kinds of animals.

It's cool (in a geeky sort of way) to be walking outside, see a few animal bones, and think "oh, hey, that's a scapula, and that must be the humerus that fits into the socket of it!"

Oh thanks for the link! I actually love doing skeleton studies and things like that however its finding good resources (mainly muscles) I have issues locating. I'll be sure to look at the those sources you have recommended for me, thankyou!