Some Goblins
Looking for some critique on these little guys.

I like 1, 2, 6, 7 - But looking from some more advice. May mesh some together and so on. Will probably render the chosen ones out more and make some line drawings for 3d sculpting later (which I will be doing as well).

- Also I believe all of these were done in about 10-20 minutes at most. Excluding the ones with the "X" as I didn't bother finishing them. Is this a good speed for the quality? I have no idea.

Attached Files Image(s)

Heya. These all exhibit slightly different qualities. One suggests warrior, another a mage and so on. There isn't a whole lot of clarity in focus if these are all supposed to be different designs for one character concept. So first question is what is the brief?

1 and 6 are almost identical in silhouette, 7 is probably the most interesting of the ones you picked in terms of costume, but the silhouette is pretty plain...Kinda hard to say.

I think for really quick ideation iterations you want to go mainly for silhouette exploration with a little bit of design stuff added in there and I guess that is what you should judge your pick on. the silhouettes you picked are probably the least interesting though 7 has a bit more thought to the outfit. the double handed weapon wielders are more distinctive as a silhouette.

Don't worry about time taken. Speed comes with practice. Focus on quality.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Yah I see your point with them. I think I need to specify more of what I want to do first. My self brief was: Make goblins that would attack in groups. - I don't have the time to model more than one kind of goblin so it needs to feel like it would travel in a pack. And I want them to be smart enough to make armour or wear clothes at least. Really just something that might fit in DnD.

So I think I need to think of making it a bit more specific as to what kind of goblin I want.

I did do sillouttes first but that doesn't help when I'm undecided on the kind of goblin :/

I like the idea of a goblin rogue. So I may play with that. Not sure though.

Made 3 more, trying to go for more rogue/bandit feeling. Number 2 is kinda interesting but I realized that I can't really use it because of all of the twigs so I didn't finish it as much as the other 2. Keeping as a reference for possibly future ideas.

- I forgot to mention that I'm going to be 3d printing the 3d model so I can't put as many small details as I would like. I really like the 3rd one but I don't think I can use the rings on the ears :/

And again I didn't spend too much time on rendering them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Big ears on the right has a nice silhouette. He strikes me as less of a pack animal for some reason but I do like the kind of arctic fox ears which I think are a bit more distinctive than the usual goblin stuff. The guy on the left is a bit more standard but he works as it stands as more of a pack member kinda dude. Maybe add more design armour and accessory elements to 3 and stuff to show he's part of a clan or company and that will bring it up to the next stage for development? Why not just add separate accessories to the base 3d model when it's done. It would make for a more interesting model to have separately crafted accessories.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
That's a pretty good idea, I'll need to think a bit about the accessories a little, I could have one of them holding a bag of gold and have some fallen on the ground and stuff. Thanks for the input.

I think I'm going to start playing more with the 3rd character a bit and make more variations of it. See where I can take it before I start rendering it out. Maybe add some guantlets and like you said maybe a clan symbol somewhere on him. It will need to be in 3d though and not a flat image on him, I can't paint my 3d printed model (for reasons due to time/constraints of the project I'm doing) - Thanks a lot of the input. Really helps.

So here is the final-ish gobline, I couldn't think of a good icon for it to put on him :/ - But I think it may suffice still. Any comments?

Mohawks are cool, so maybe that works as a visual que for clan. Couldn't give him ears rings, I may add them later in the 3d model but I doubt they will be able to be printed.

Attached Files Image(s)