army chic
yo,

I think its about time I start being more active in this section of the forums.

Attatched here is a digital painting of a girl/woman (she's supposed to be in the military). I've been pushing and pulling at the composition for a long time now, I feel like i'm on the right track yet I feel like I need to rework some things.

Is the design missing anything? I'm looking for more of that "tough" look but I can't think of what to add without destroying what I already have (guess I'm to afraid to mess it up or something)... that's where you guys come in. Every once in a while Its good to have a new set of eyes!

your thoughts?

Attached Files Image(s)

the pant as no folding and the camo is not gonna make her justice it not blending with the rest of the equipement.Also the arm gesture is way to casual to be tough. Try both hand on the hips next time , millitary salute pose or holding a weapon pose like a gun rest on the shoulder or hold with both hand.Maybe you could put something to justify is arm being in this pose like a gun

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hey Beirot,

I like the concept but I think you need to make a few adjustments to get that "tough" look you wanted. One thing that jumps out at me is the physique of the character. If she is this tough military woman she dosnt look like she has done much training. I would make her much more athletic looking. At the moment she looks like an under weight swimwear model. The expression also could be tweaked a little to make her a bit more intimidating.

I did a quick paintover to show you what I mean.
[Image: Beirotarmychic.jpg]

I also added some little scars to make her look like she has seen some action on the battlefield. This should add to the "tough" look. One other thing was the gear she is wearing around her waist looks a little big for her. I think this again added to the "swimwear look" I mentioned. If you make it smaller it looks more like she owns that gear and not like it was just given to her as a costume.

Over all I think with a few adjustments this will be a solid image. I hope this helps

Cheers
Adam
I think Adam nailed the expression, and I think the bodyweight changes help also the scars etc

I think the storage gear for me doesn't seem very realistic. The pouches are way too small and useless if you were to actually want to carry stuff in them. Look at modern soldiers...their gear is huge around them...especially around the midsection. I think you need to integrate those elements more as Alan mentioned, so this is a rendering issue. The camo of her legs appears like a pasted on texture rather than wrapping around thighs with appropriate creasing. Also I don't think resting against the rifle butt like that is particularly realistic so consider changing it to leaning against an APC or something similar which might be a bit more realistic?

And just so we don't make too stereotypical ideals of what a military women is this maybe of use for grounding purposes? They aren't all beefed up.
http://www.miliwoman.com/

Hope it's useful

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Thanks everyone...