Will's Sketchbook
Hey guys here is a collection of some studies, practice sketches and finished work. Gonna keep doing more and updating as I progress.

Nice varied studies. Keep those figure sketches up but watch your proportions, as they seem to always be a little off, especially the hands. I really like the way you have done the skin and face in that last portrait, really great for a loose thing. Keep it up!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Great start to your sketchbook!
Haha now I know I've seen that killer knight study before ;)

I really love the last chic as well! Awesome

Keep it up, looking forward to updates

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thanks, monkeybread and smrrfette

Recent studies from the past few days. I know I really need to work on hands so im gonna do some hand studies today.

Some recent speed paints before doing studies. Its how I warmup and take breaks from just painting what I see.

hey dude, nice sketchbook. In most of your paintings, you're not using the full range of values, and so your painting kinda lacks of depth and believability. try to fully render the volume you see according to your light source, you shouldn't fool yourself with little tricks, especially on the gir'ls portrait from the first post. Letting areas of uncertainty such as nostril, and having such highlights on the hair ( it follows the head's egg shape, so you only have one area of highlight and then the values decrease as the form turns away ) shows that you didn't think as hard as you could, or that you didn't try your best ! Push your thinking process to the limit dude, you'll progress really far this way ! keep it up !

Thank you so much for the reply. Both depth and believability are the biggest hurdles I have been trying to overcome. I have a hard time painting in value. Even when I start in black and white, its still an issue.

Any recommendations on what I should do to get better at values?

Also some recents paintings. I did a study of a particular cave from the TV show "Merlin". I also did some pokemon paintings for a few people. I still need to work on my values...For some reason using a full range of value is really difficult for me but I will keep trying. Please critique my work as you see fit.

I haven't been studying as diligently as I should have lately, but here are some quick 30 min sketches.

That jumpluff Picture is totally boss :D