Zyaz's Sketchbook
Hey there, Zyaz here. Here are things I've drawn recently, mostly trying to work on more interesting compositions and perspective.

[Image: tumblr_mvb41vZGsU1r18i5yo1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_muw9003lfn1r18i5yo1_1280.png]

Here I was trying to work out outfit designs for a blacksmith character.
[Image: tumblr_mul907JlhI1rpczulo1_1280.png]

Going to put up pages of my sketchbook tomorrow.
this lady got some big arm is that what you were aiming for if not maybe you should pay more attention and try a muscular study maybe

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(10-27-2013, 01:10 PM)darktiste Wrote: this lady got some big arm is that what you were aiming for if not maybe you should pay more attention and try a muscular study maybe
Yeah, I was going for muscular, though when you point it out the arm does look kind of wonky. I'll try a muscle study anyway, can't hurt.
Hey there, great start for your sketchbook! I really like the blacksmith character designs, just one thing: when working she'll definitely want to wear a heavy leather apron or something similar for protection. Glowing sparks all over your light fabric clothes are no fun ;)

(10-27-2013, 10:15 PM)Elif Wrote: Hey there, great start for your sketchbook! I really like the blacksmith character designs, just one thing: when working she'll definitely want to wear a heavy leather apron or something similar for protection. Glowing sparks all over your light fabric clothes are no fun ;)
Haha, thanks! And yeah, aprons, gloves, and goggles are definitely a must for forging and are part of her work outfit. For the third design she's wearing thick boots and the loose cloth part can be untied so you don't have the clothing being a safety hazard.

Here's what I drew in my sketchbook today, sorry for poor photo quality.
[Image: tumblr_mvctssxzWy1rpczulo1_1280.jpg]
Did a skin tone/facial study of Dobet Gnahoré.
[Image: tumblr_mvo1p0jaQJ1rpczulo2_r1_500.png]
Here's the reference photo:
[Image: tumblr_mivf3qr1zk1rqkjy0o10_500.jpg]

i saw a lot of cd users doing studies off of photos and i decided to give it a shot. this was pretty hard haha but hard is good. i didn't get the face quite right this time but i'm going to do more of these and hopefully get better at this

also does anyone know how to render skin pores? i had a hard time with that
hey dude, i think there are a lot to take care before thinking about skin pores ! You should try to think about the important stuff : your light, your volumes, your composition, your design, your drawing, your edges. Adding skin pores won't make any good to your drawing if the fundamentals aren't there , it might actually make it look bad ... anyway, keep it uup man !