Seeking Critique on finished work
Generally, I have to ask friends for their opinion on things, and usually they're positive. I don't think so. I dont know any artists to ask for their thoughts and advices, usually I have to take a long break from the artwork and revisit to refresh the mind.

Anyway, this is BB Hood, a mischievous take on Red Ridding Hood by Capcom. She's my all time favorite character, yup, and she's usually portrayed as an innocent, sometime demon-like killing machine soldier. Because my love of all that is pin-up, I painted her as a pin-up girl, to show her sexy side that most unlikely been illustrated.

At the time, I felt I did everything that could but now I feel like some areas fall flat. Some, some - I just feel like something is not coming full circle in this. The shoes, the inner dress - hmm.

You've got a great piece of work here. I really love the colours you've used and as far as I can tell the anatomy is all good and such

You do however have some tangents that are confusing the depth for me, for instance the hand just barely touching the pom pom, and the basket just barely touching the edge of her abdomen. Just putting them more obviously either behind or infront of whatever they're near will really make it read nicer

On that note, the hand seems a little unrefined to me, especially when you look at how nicely detailed and modelled the legs and the face are. I think showing the index finger and tilting the other fingers down slightly might help that a bit, as well as some refining of the hand itself. Adding in where the forearm bone presses up against the skin looks nice as well
I couldn't find exactly what I had in mind but this is pretty close, if you can just imagine it in the same direction you have it now

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/1...4w6a8h.jpg

I also feel like the inner dress is too contrasty and as a result draws too much attention away from the rest of the piece. Maybe replacing the very dark red you have with something a bit lighter. Unless of course your intention is to get us to look down there, then leave it as is. If it isn't you might also consider contrasting the face/upper body more with background by darkening the upper half of the background, but I think reducing the contrast in the inner dress should suffice

Hope that helps, let me know if something I said wasn't clear :)