landscapes sequence, opinions welcome!
Hello, I would like to know your opinion about this sequence of landscapes

prehistory

[Image: ancient_civilization_by_oxiso-d6uhbom.jpg]

Ice Age

[Image: ancient_civilization_ice_age_by_oxiso-d6usg4j.jpg]

Rome empire

[Image: ancient_civ_rome_by_oxiso-d6vn0oy.jpg]
looks great man! not qualified to make a critique but for me it looks great.
(11-26-2013, 04:34 PM)hexo Wrote: looks great man! not qualified to make a critique but for me it looks great.

They are nicely done, and a nice idea/progression. What kind of feedback did you want? I think overall each piece is pretty tightly rendered. It's a style thing, works if you are going for more a pixel art/lo fi type game. The character in the second image could do with some work anatomically and proportionally.

One thing to consider may be to change the position of the sun and lighting and switch up palettes with the different times/seasons to show a bit more variety between the images. I feel you erred on the lazy side with that. So the first could be a low key warm dawn scene, the middle as it is, the last, spring but warmer again and maybe dusk? Just to create more of a sensation of time passing.

That's about it without knowing your intentions.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(11-27-2013, 08:05 PM)monkeybread Wrote: They are nicely done, and a nice idea/progression. What kind of feedback did you want? I think overall each piece is pretty tightly rendered. It's a style thing, works if you are going for more a pixel art/lo fi type game. The character in the second image could do with some work anatomically and proportionally.

One thing to consider may be to change the position of the sun and lighting and switch up palettes with the different times/seasons to show a bit more variety between the images. I feel you erred on the lazy side with that. So the first could be a low key warm dawn scene, the middle as it is, the last, spring but warmer again and maybe dusk? Just to create more of a sensation of time passing.

That's about it without knowing your intentions.

excellent idea i will keep in mind!!