Critique please
Please critique this

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-01-2014, 08:44 PM)Star Eater Wrote: Please critique this

I quite like it! I like the warm color palette, and the detail in texture on the leaf, the rough hair donning twigs that goes well with a character that seems to be a forest elf living in the wild, among trees and the elements. The shadows I'm not sure if it's the big leaf's shadow, or smaller leaves scattered about. Also not sure what that bright orange bit under the elf's knee is - boots or part of the big leaf? Either way it seems too bright for an area that's probably right underneath the figure. The veins (forgot the right word for them) of the big leaf is at some point bulging out of the leaf surface like tree roots, even casting shadows beneath them. They should have smoother transition back into the leaf. Also if you're going to put the veins in most of the big leaf, probably best to keep that consistent and put them in too in the lowest part of the big leaf where the elf's left palm is resting.

Focus.
Fantastic, thanks meat!

I added SOME MEAT

As for the abstract pink things...I wish I could give an answer. Maybe they're petals...maybe shadows. Cop-out I know...I just really liked the way they looked Rolling eyes, funny thought

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-03-2014, 12:40 AM)Star Eater Wrote: I added SOME MEAT

As for the abstract pink things...I wish I could give an answer. Maybe they're petals...maybe shadows. Cop-out I know...I just really liked the way they looked Rolling eyes, funny thought

Hahaha! Looking better! You can try giving the shadow shapes some more color tint to give the slightest suggestion that they're plant parts, maybe not petals in Autumn, while keeping their faded look. But in that case, do add shadow for the big leaf, since other things have shadows.

Focus.
Thanks for the criteak, meat! I'll tighten it up a bit more.