A Critique would be nice
Here is a picture I have worked on a bit, would love to get some input from other people, thanks=)

The pathway seems to be seen from a higher view point than the figure. It feels like we should be seeing more foreshortening of him from top down. Other than that it seems a soft painting, calm. Can you tell us more about what's going on, or what the painting is for?

Focus.
Hey, here's a quick paintover explaning (hopefully clearly) what's wrong in you understanding of perspective in this piece :

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
(01-06-2014, 01:22 AM)meat Wrote: The pathway seems to be seen from a higher view point than the figure. It feels like we should be seeing more foreshortening of him from top down. Other than that it seems a soft painting, calm. Can you tell us more about what's going on, or what the painting is for?

Hey, thanks for the comment. I think you are right about the perspective problem, I will take a look at it. As for what the painting is for, its really just a doodle, I had like a idea about a kind of a monk guy being in a futuristic city. I wanted to show of some of the cityscape as well as having a kind of close up shot of him.

(01-06-2014, 01:45 AM)Heavenwill Wrote: Hey, here's a quick paintover explaning (hopefully clearly) what's wrong in you understanding of perspective in this piece :

Thanks a lot for the paint over mister, I really helps. This was the same problem as Meat talked about, thanks for making it more visual to me=)