s0ur1's Sketchbook
hey!! s0ur1s / mousey here ^__^ i'm currently a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
i used to draw a lot for hours every day in high school but my mental health crashed and i ended up unable to draw for several years. i'm trying to get back into it now but i'm still struggling with motivation a lot... i really hope posting some doodles and interacting with fellow artists will help :)
most of what i did was semirealistic portraits but i've always really wanted to get into painting. it's a lot tho so it feels quite overwhelming haha

i think i'll treat this space as a personal journal of sorts... but at the same time don't want to set strict drawing quotas i need to do every week. i guess i'll try a more lenient approach for now and try to post once a week :) no matter how incomplete
i would post on socials but for some reason those make me insanely anxious and i cannot handle it lol

attached are some old doodles i retrieved, i mostly did fanwork and edgy stuff (sharing art always makes me feel insanely vulnerable haha almost like exposing myself fully, does anyone else get that or am i just weird? x) )

i guess i should set myself some goals that i want to achieve; i want to draw more expressively and loosely, do more landscape studies, have more confident lines, finish full pieces rather than doodling all the time, do 2 tone studies, force myself out of my comfort zone constantly, draw things i've never drawn before, make concept art of characters and environments, maybe do interactable stuff that i can post on socials, and overall be more creative :)

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day <3

-mousey

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi and welcome to Daggers.

You've shared a lot of very nice concepts and characters — and even though they're very loose, they have a lot of character.

I've found that making art can really help with my mental well-being too — and just regularly working at it without any serious goals can really help — and in time as improvement becomes evident — it becomes more and more enjoyable.

So keep after it and keep posting