drawing studies
these are some drawing studies "they are fast doing just to practice the fundamentales" from some favorite artists of mine MIKE BUTKUS "love his sketching style" and greg capulo..JIM LEE
seeking some CRITS from u guys

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey I gave you some feedback in a livestream session: You can watch it here

Hope it helps you!

Livestream Crits/Paintovers: www.twitch.tv/mike086
Loomis Study videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mike086

My Facebook page: MCIII
first i must say THAAAAANK U "and yeah english isnt my 1st language".
i must say that your critique helped a lot but just to clarify things a littlebit...i didnt copy the exact drawing on purpose "that i dont get caught up coping the guy's style" but i was observing big shapes and how these great artists interpret what exists in they drawings...BUT YOU ARE RIGHT I MUST DO MORE STUDIES FROM LIFE

PS: i use corel painter and not a pencil and paper. THANK YOU
I'm still not sure what the point of critiquing studies are to be honest. Studies are for you to learn from. If you nailed the original identically, but didn't learn much does that make it a good study? If it is the most horrible piece of crap ever to grace a screen, but you learned heaps, does that make it a bad study?
Sorry I don't have anything much more constructive to say especially not having the originals to compare against, but I think you will benefit from getting critique of personal work more than studies, for the most part. I can see you have some issues with volume, and using only hard edges for most of the marks on the page. Parhaps try working in tones or value blocks more than detail line shading for large areas? You would definitely benefit from targeted fabric and drapery study as well as anatomy.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(02-05-2014, 09:20 PM)monkeybread Wrote: I'm still not sure what the point of critiquing studies are to be honest. Studies are for you to learn from. If you nailed the original identically, but didn't learn much does that make it a good study? If it is the most horrible piece of crap ever to grace a screen, but you learned heaps, does that make it a bad study?
Sorry I don't have anything much more constructive to say especially not having the originals to compare against, but I think you will benefit from getting critique of personal work more than studies, for the most part. I can see you have some issues with volume, and using only hard edges for most of the marks on the page. Parhaps try working in tones or value blocks more than detail line shading for large areas? You would definitely benefit from targeted fabric and drapery study as well as anatomy.
thank you monkeybread for this honest answer and yeah i must and i will do that :D