Bloodsports Reborn 3: Gauntlet
Wow crackedskull, that looks really cool. The wizards stare is creeeepy, those eyes are staring right at my soul. You might want to blend the white parts on Thor's face/head a bit more into the muscle - from what I know they are not really protruding as much as you indicate here. That's the first thing that stood out to me when I looked at your image. Composition wise, if you place the title on the lower part, I think you could move the image up a bit... so that there is not as much empty space.. unless you want to place something else there.

Some progress on mine, tweaked the composition a bit and continued rendering. I'm not sure if I can finish that in time... struggling a lot with everything being so loose.

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
I kind of copied the Thor's design from "attack on titan", really like that anime and a titan with a battleaxe would be fucking awesome. But toned the portruding bones down a bit. Loving the triangle comp and vibrant colors on your piece.

Im done with this. It was very fun and challenging, It also helped me gain a new direction towards which to learn.

Looking good, crackedskull :) New direction to learn is always good!

Progress on mine, basically just more hours spent rendering. Kind of boring stage...

I think that's it... unless I see some glaring mistake tomorrow... could go on for 10 more hours for sure.

Edit: took some yellows out of the skintones.

@Lyraina, a bit of crit. I think ingeneral the comp and layout is good, but I think you need to pay more attention to proportions of your characters, especially the arm length in gandalf (or whateverhisnameis) for example. I think you would also benefit from a lot more focus on gesture studies from life and specific study on hands. I think your hands are a major weak point in this piece.
Your poses aren't bad, but they are still mostly quite stiff and unnatural, really work on the curving flow of the gestures to create more dynamism. Rendering could be more consolidated when it comes to the lighting, for example the strong highlight on the valkyries left leg (her left) seems overdone. You also tend to emphasize the highlights on the skin which makes the faces especially appear more overexposed than it needs to be, so use your highlights with care and subtlety.

Perhaps a darker background would make a more dramatic impact?

Keep pushing and well done on finishin. That is a feat worthy of celebration of itself!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Thank you monkeybread. Damn hands, really need to practice those... and shoot better reference for finished pieces. I actually had a darker background at first, but then the values didn't read anymore - maybe I should try out a REALLY dark background. Then I also would not need to blow out the highlights as much.
I wonder why my figures always turn out stiff (and I totally see what you mean), even though I do practice gestures etc...
Anyway, thanks for the feedback! Maybe I will let it sit for a week or so and see if I can fix some of the things with fresh eyes. :)

Sigh, thought I posted in here last night... Obviously I didnt hit post after typing everything up and attaching the file...

Anyway, better late than never, theres a bunch more I could probably do, but I don't think it would add much.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good job Jaik :) If you intend to post the version including the lettering I'd suggest inserting a higher rez version though!