Free e-learning courses?
KhanAcademy, Coursera, or other open courseware, etc.

What do you guys think about these sites? Does it really help people to learn more?
Advantages and disadvantages?
I don't see anything art related there, besides art history. What you exactly asking for?

Well, there are things like Proko and Shady Saffadi and Sycra's channel...
They are free, but they are just there, there is no class plan or anything. Just answers to questions you will only make if you're already studying. so.

(they are awesome BTW)

matt kohrs ctrlpaint.com has some 10 dollar teaching videos, which is very cheap and I expect they are somewhat like taking a condensed self learning course. Also what ursula said ^^ there are a lot of great teaching vids on youtube, and if you check out the mentoring section here there is a lot of free classes with tons of teaching video material that covers perspective (Isra) character design (daniel warren) and sickbrush has one that covers a lot too (there are more than that but i dont remember right now off the top of my head).

You can feel lost but if you work on the thing that are the hardest and most valuable for you it worth as much as if you would be taking class(if you take time to get feed back and alway stay out of the confort zone).That my opinion.But i can relate that it hard to learn by yourself when we are to often given task to do but get lost when we are not directed by someone else that why i suggest you to post on the forum and to start thinking more by yourself or maybe it to overwhelming for the moment and you need time to build up confidence.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) offers free training courses online on a variety of topics from starting a business to getting funding for your business to E-Commerce to managing your taxes