Lighting issues
Hey guuuuuuuys, I need your helps with some fairly bizarre client work, need to do realistic renderings of the spongebob characters, but squidward is driving me nuts! Especially his mouth!
If any of you could help out i would love you long time.
The body as you can see i haven't really started yet, i like to get the head done before anything else. :)

[Image: s2_zpsd9409a6d.jpg]

Cheers
Sam

Hey Devil Glonk
In my humble opinion he would look much better with his cartoony design, without human skull, no cheekbones and bigger braincase. Now he looks more like an grey alien and You will not have problem with placing his mouth on more squishy face. Besides if you are going for realistic rendering don't paint black elements with only grays use more hues variations :)

(03-10-2014, 03:11 AM)Madzia Wrote: Hey Devil Glonk
In my humble opinion he would look much better with his cartoony design, without human skull, no cheekbones and bigger braincase. Now he looks more like an grey alien and You will not have problem with placing his mouth on more squishy face. Besides if you are going for realistic rendering don't paint black elements with only grays use more hues variations :)

Nice texture on his skull. Did you paint the scales in one by one?

Focus.
haha no just b&w photo texture on overlay :D fast solution for fast repaint

(03-10-2014, 05:01 AM)meat Wrote:
(03-10-2014, 03:11 AM)Madzia Wrote: Hey Devil Glonk

Nice texture on his skull. Did you paint the scales in one by one?

That looks awesome!
Thank you for your help, i will definitely take on board using more hue variation, can't believe the difference it makes!

As for the shape though the client is dead set on keeping it like it is, so he does look more human. (probably should have mentioned that before -___-) For the record those i completely agree with you.
Love the texture you used too buy the way! :)

Thanks again
Cheers
Sam