Finding out who I am.....
Hey, just finished watching pretty much all of Dan and Dave's tag team videos and finished up their serious talk one and decided to join and not suck. I recently graduated from an Art Institute a couple of years ago and have been working at a tiny game studio for a couple of years since being their intern. The Art Institute was great, but for what I paid, my education was sort of...meh. So I've been trying to work on foundational skills along with working a full time job with occasional overtime. Been mostly doing 3d and I found that I really want to get better at creating high end cg illustrations. What kind of sucks though is I have no idea how to approach color, and my drawing skills can be refined....so I'm hoping to gain some awesome design sensibilities and solid foundational skills from Crimson Daggers. Watching the video, I felt like this community also cared about who I was as an individual. I've been struggling to find out more about what I want to do and what I love. Its hard because I've been so pushed to thinking a certain way, that I've wanted to just scream and pull my hair out. I've also been struggling to do personal stuff and get together a portfolio that showcases what I can do versus the stuff I've been doing at work, so I'm hoping with y'alls help I can become someone who is less afraid about going after what I really want out of life. I'm tired of being afraid, I want to be out there, I want to experience all the amazing things I know life is capable of. Thanks, and sorry to drag you all along for this journey, but my farts aren't that stinky...I promise.

And a picture because that's what this is all about:
[Image: Z2YfAnL.png]
Welcome to the Daggers!