Need crit and advice please.
This is one of my latest illustrations. Personal work, no references, no guide lines, no storyline, just a practice of technical abilities.
Don't know why, but I don't like the way it looks and would like some comments on how it can be improved.

Another major problem that i have - is that I can't seem to come up with good ideas, as if i could only paint a picture if I get accurate description of the character (never know which clothes they should wear, what kind of details and accessories they should have, etc).
Could anyone share sources where to get ideas? Can anyone working professionally tell how detailed is the information that clients provide for illustrations?

Thank you.

[Image: HFT3.jpg]
(04-15-2014, 08:44 PM)Harfolorun Wrote: no references, no guide lines, no storyline,

There's no reason not to have those things.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
This is really nice work! The main thing that is tripping me up right now is the relationship between foreground and background. I think I'm supposed to read the image as a normal-sized lady with some normal-sized architecture in the background, but right now, it looks like she's standing right next to it, making either her big, or the buildings little. I'm not sure what the solution is. Maybe some middle ground to separate the two? Or maybe scale one or the other?

Also, the shoe. It's probably just the design of the shoe, not the anatomy, but her foot looks kind of stubby.

I really love the colors in this piece. Good work!

Sketchbook  :::  Site