Hand issues
Maybe it's the height of my desk, lack of space, horrible arms on my desk chair or the way I'm holding my pen, but I get this terrible shooting pain into my hand every once in a while followed by tingling and numbness. This is only in my drawing hand/arm. The tablet is off to my right slightly but only a couple inches from the edge of the desk as there is not much room. It's makes drawing past 15 minutes very difficult. I have to take frequent breaks which is frustrating, especially while trying to simple studies.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, do you have a solution? Even if you haven't experienced this, do you have any tips on how to prevent this from happening? Thanks!
Breaks are good, doing wrist and arm exercises really help me - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3...OFJVGTW93L these are the main ones I do helps open up the blood flow in your arm, also playing basketball as strange as that sounds lol.

If you are really tightening up whilst drawing etc then you may be gripping the stylus too tightly which could be affecting your arm.

Hope that helps.

(05-22-2014, 05:16 AM)JonHop Wrote: Breaks are good, doing wrist and arm exercises really help me - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3...OFJVGTW93L these are the main ones I do helps open up the blood flow in your arm, also playing basketball as strange as that sounds lol.

If you are really tightening up whilst drawing etc then you may be gripping the stylus too tightly which could be affecting your arm.

Hope that helps.

I have been trying to loosen my grip while drawing and that seems to delay the numbing feeling a little longer. I will definitely try these, thanks so much! :)
JonHop makes a good point about how tight you might be gripping the pencil. Sometimes, it helps practicing with a lead-pencil with fragile/extended lead that breaks once you press too hard. This will help you loosen up your hand and perhaps your drawings as well. Win/Win