LORN - Aleksandr Dochkin's personal project
Hey guys,

High time for some announcements. I've been working on this for a while now, and I'm ready to show you some stuff from my personal project named "Lorn". I hope to have carried off this idea about a little robot who finds himself alone in a big, deserted world looking for answers and a way out. Personally I can imagine it as a concept art for a short animation, a videogame or a comic.
I'll keep the uploads continuously coming, feel free to comment and share your thoughts and opinions.

P.S. Better res on my blog.

[Image: concept.JPG]

[Image: conceptLorn2_re.JPG]

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool stuff, I like the mood and I LOVE your logo SO MUCH. Great composition and lighting. Only critique I have is that the edges could be a little sharper because some of it looks very blurry. GJ!

Amanda Kiefer.com
ImagineAmanda.Tumblr.com<--be my tumblr buddy!
(07-06-2014, 08:58 AM)MandaKief Wrote: Cool stuff, I like the mood and I LOVE your logo SO MUCH. Great composition and lighting. Only critique I have is that the edges could be a little sharper because some of it looks very blurry. GJ!

Thank you! I'm really glad you like it! Thanks for critique, I'll try to work on my edges more. :)

Also here's some update: I've made several concept arts in a poster-format, here's one of them. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts and opinions!

[Image: Lorn_poster2.jpg]

these look great! it's hard to give you much advice, maybe try to do something of a different color palette, showing more versatility i suppose; interesting concepts though, i like the whole junkyard aesthetic :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(07-12-2014, 01:06 PM)Fedodika Wrote: these look great! it's hard to give you much advice, maybe try to do something of a different color palette, showing more versatility i suppose; interesting concepts though, i like the whole junkyard aesthetic :)

Thank you for your feedback, I'm really appreciate it! Definitely will try to play more with colors in the future. Wink

Looks pretty interesting, reminds me of Wall-E a bit. I would watch the movie if you haven't just to make sure your story will be different.

Another thing I notice, is that almost everything is rendered the same. It's all pretty matte looking to me. I get that its suppose to be all rusty and dusty, but some metal would still have a little shine left to it. And, I think there is water in your images but I can't tell because it is not rendered like water. the mist just kind of makes it look like dirt or mud at the moment.

Keep working it at though, it's always cool to see someone working on their own stuff.

(07-30-2014, 09:54 PM)JJ Aaron Wrote: Looks pretty interesting, reminds me of Wall-E a bit. I would watch the movie if you haven't just to make sure your story will be different.

Another thing I notice, is that almost everything is rendered the same. It's all pretty matte looking to me. I get that its suppose to be all rusty and dusty, but some metal would still have a little shine left to it. And, I think there is water in your images but I can't tell because it is not rendered like water. the mist just kind of makes it look like dirt or mud at the moment.

Keep working it at though, it's always cool to see someone working on their own stuff.

Thank you very much, JJ Aaron! Glad to hear you like it and also great to hear some constructive critics! I agree with you about rendering of materials, need to work more on that.
The story of Lorn is pretty different from Wall-E. It's more about finding your own place in the world. Also the mood and visuals are different.

Haven't been here for a while. Right now trying to get back to a Lorn project a little bit and experiment with a new techniques. However, until then I would like to show you an oldie poster for the Lorn project. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts and opinions!

Attached Files Image(s)