Just Draw
There's some really nice stuff in here! Keep on pushin it
Cool stuff I enjoyed going through this .
Super sweet updates Rich, so much cool stuff, it's great seeing all the improvements!! Keep up the good work :)
Dennis Kutsenko - thanks and I will!
DannO - thanks :) I enjoy these comments!
Tooth - cheers mate!

2 more fleshed out enviros for today from previous thumbs -

Palette of this one inspired by OYO -
[Image: swamp-wip1-rich4rt.jpg]

[Image: jungle-wip1-rich4rt.jpg]

This stuff is improving by leaps and bounds. Keep it up!
KyleScary - thank you! and I am ;D

Some new enviro thumbs, not sure which ones to choose to flesh out -

[Image: northern-oracle-thumbs-rich4rt.jpg]

[Image: southern-oracle-thumbs-rich4rt.jpg]

and wip for a comp on cghub -

[Image: the-kings-throne-wip2-rich4rt.jpg]

Fleshed out 2 more enviros from the last thumbs, I don't like how they turned out tho... was mostly experimenting with palette. Will come back to them later -

I tried to throw in as many hues as possible to see what I could get away with, and tried using a subtle lighting and a strong focal point (depending on your screen gamma some details will be lost), but its not so successful -

[Image: northern-oracle-wip2-rich4rt.jpg]

This one is waaay too garish and in your face, too much going on. Need to focus on simplicity more with interesting lighting/texture guiding the eye to the focal point, will flesh out another thumb and do a study with it -

[Image: southern-oracle-wip1-rich4rt.jpg]

On top of enviro concepts and experiments, I've started going back to a few older graduation characters to bring them up to my current level. This is to maintain a consistent quality, so the examiners don't grade me on my weakest piece. Motivating to see the improvement too!

[Image: empress-final1-rich4rt.jpg]

Cool stuff mate, improvement all round! I like the enviro with the chains, I still too much of a nub to suggest anything to improve them>< but I can see you're consistently getting better anyways, so keep at it :)
Cool environments 'n comps, man!

Thanks guys!

Been busy writing, so haven’t updated in a bit. Anyways here’s some new stuff
New Amsterdam, Blade Runner inspired. The canals have long dried out leaving huge tunnels of flying cars, I couldn’t help but make flying car sounds whilst painting this -

[Image: New-Amsterdam-rich4rt.jpg]

Re-worked an older painting, thinking about how to layer interesting tree shapes and roots to give the appearance of faces and living things, would make for a cool optical illusion game enviro -

[Image: dark-forest-final-rich4rt.jpg]

I’ve recently been experimenting a lot with Autodesk Sketchbook. It completely slows down my process and forces me to think about core shapes, I’m really learning a lot from using it -

[Image: sketchup-shape-design-rich4rt.jpg]

Redrew another old one, a Bane inspired werewolf thingy bob -

[Image: gmorkfinal2-rich4rt.jpg]

Some quick char sketches, but this week I've mostly been studying vehicle and industrial design. This is my first real attempt at a conceptual vehicle. I decided to get into vehicles for a few reasons, firstly because I needed to learn how man made stuff works, and fit's together. I needed such a piece in my folio to round it off, also style wise. At first I didn't think I'd enjoy it, because granted - industrial design and vehicles are hard and perhaps not as appealing as characters. But when I started to learn about it and concept it, sure it was challenging but the most fun I've had with a piece in a long time. Really surprised myself, you never know what you like until you try it. There will be a lot more vehicles to come! I would love to see more vehicles on the art sketchbooks, just treat them like you would a character, you start to feel your way around forms and experiment with how for example it's balanced depending on cockpit location etc. Inspired by John Parks awesome stuff.

[Image: char-sketches-rich4rt.jpg]

[Image: MechJet-final-rich4rt.jpg]

this stuff is wicked professional! nice!
Wowww nice environments!!! I would love to see you paint one live :D
Monsieur-Beefy - haha thanks beefy! I'm just about to graduate so hopefully I can get a job!
AngeliquevdMee - cheers mate! I do have a livestream channel but I stopped doing it because it ran like poo on my PC! I'm currently saving up for a new system, when I get it I'll start streaming again. I'll post it up on the facebook group when I do :)

Here's some more derp

'snail' racer -

[Image: Snail-Racer-wip1-rich4rt.jpg]

Some quicky chars with focus on flooooww, been doing lots of quick gestures again recently as my characters have been quite stiff. Gonna keep at it and make some nice character lineups -

[Image: medieval-lineup-fighters-wip1-rich4rt.jpg]

Just watched the latest design cinema of Feng and these were created from his abstract process, for instance the first enviro was created from a section of a Apache helicopter. So fast to create, opens the mind! I will be doing lots more of these in the coming weeks -

[Image: enviro-sketches1-rich4rt.jpg]

Some studies, will be getting a bust today so lots of life drawing to come -

[Image: sr-rendering-study.jpg]
[Image: study1.jpg]
[Image: Study2.jpg]

Looking good!

Thanks kidult!

I was going through some old folders and I found some reaaallllyyyy old 3D stuff I thought would be fun to share -

[Image: MTVcribs-rich4rt.jpg]
[Image: x23-1-rich4rt.jpg]
[Image: x23-2-rich4rt.jpg]
[Image: x23-3-rich4rt.jpg]
[Image: phototextures-3d-rich4rt.jpg]
[Image: Vroooom-rich4rt.jpg]

And some new 2D (yey) stuff -

Thought it would be fun to try a cartoony style -

[Image: Abyss-final-rich4rt.jpg]

Some beasts -

[Image: PurpleBuffalo-final-rich4rt.jpg]
[Image: Artax-final-rich4rt.jpg]

This stuff is very cool, i really love the feel in some of thoseenviros, made me wanna do more vehicle work too.. argh so much to do so little time. keep it up, cant wait to see more :)

Some really awesome stuff here dude, you've improved alot since the 1st page of this sketchbook. Your 3D stuff is prity cool too. Keep it up man.

Jaik - thanks mate, I know the feeling! So much to do so little time... What I try and do all the time is to not get caught doing the same thing over and over, just experiment and keep trying something new because you never know what you might like doing better. Of course the downside of this is that you improve over everything very slowly, opposed to just getting really good at one thing. But then again you learn stuff from everything else that it actually compliments each other... Pff moral of the story - do what you want haha
Warburton - cheers, always nice to hear when other people see improvement in your stuff, for me it can sometimes be a blur.. :)

I just finished and sent off an art book I made for my graduation. It's inspired by the Skillful Huntsman. You can view a flip through preview here -
http://www.blurb.com/books/3328058

Now that's out the way, back to improving and getting work! ;d So here's some knight studies -

[Image: armour-studies.jpg]

Some magination sketches -

[Image: sketches-rich4rt.jpg]