cintiq companion questions
i know this is a shot in the dark but how does the cintiq companion compare to the cintiq 13HD as far as quality when connected directly to a computer?

ive tried the google to find answers method and i have looked at reviews but i was hoping that someone with first hand experience could give me a little direction.
What do you mean by quality exactly?

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
I don't think you can connect the Cintiq Companion to another computer... as it is a "standalone" PC.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

go to wacom page and compare both base on specifications,
http://cintiqcompanion.wacom.com/CintiqCompanion/en/
http://www.wacom.com/en/de/creative/cintiq-13-hd
There is minimal difference in them, probably unnoticeable...

you can't connect the companion to a computer, but you can hook connect it to another monitor for extended desktop.
the hybrid companion is the one that hooks up to a desktop. (mac or pc)

I bought the companion:
Price difference is about $700 atm.
windows 8 pish posh, but a lot of the bugs I've read about people were having I haven't experienced in the month or so that I've had mine.

Over all I'm quite content with the purchase. My thing is seeing how well it ages/will update with new OS's. Its hard to imagine the dynamic of drawing getting much more intuitive for a while, so if anything I speculative they'll update the specs of the pc itself first. -maybe add another sensor in the pen, but they didn't do that before, soooooo

For me, the mobility has been ideal. (en plien air painting) travel/work options, change of environments during a study for fresh perspective. -not that taking it in public as such a high priced-breakable item hasn't been nerve racking. You could also be mobile with a laptop of your choice. Something to consider is 16 gb (smaller it also comesin 32) for the hybrid-android version is hardly enough space for adobe products. (Its ~1.5 gb for photoshop cs6 and ~15 for the creative suite) -think about the number of files working simultaneous/other things you'd use the tablet for. Could be alright once you get to your work station. depends on what your needs are. I'm also curious how well it could be with android updating.

I bought a terra-byte external and got the smaller harddrive size. Some people thought it was a bit annoying to have the power button in the bottom right, because they kept readjusting it and turning it off? ...takes all kinds I guess. o_- -I'm left handed, so its in my top left, sooo never a problem. -_-' I also picked up a small wireless keyboard off amazon to go with it. (cheaper than the $50 wacom one)
-made by "Anker" and works fine. (what I'm used to in my work-flow, but it does have the buttons you could program on the side for specific functions. Also, keep in mind whether you're used to working on a mac or windows. -This is windows 8, so if you are used to working on a mac, of course all the hotkeys will be different anyway.

Other than that its pretty much the same quality (pressure levels) and unlike a phone, dropping this I imagine would kill it, the case that it comes with is nice, but wouldn't really protect it. They sell Pelican cases you could put it in on amazon though the dimensions are a bit off I'm sure you could cut the foam for a perfect fit. As far as the specs right now, with and i7 and 8 gb it aboout matches my desktop I built a year ago, but a laptop; definitely the shit. I haven't tried it out with any 3d programs yet, but I imagine it would run fine keeping an eye on your poly-count.
speakers suck, but with headphones works fine; show me a tablet/phone that has good internal speakers. :P
Looks like the customer service is alright in the Uk, but if you're in the US and have owned it for a month and drop it, you're boned. -I'm looking at taking out a micro insurance policy on it for the first few years. (not through wacom)

Really I'd say what you're paying for is the mobility, so it depends on how important that is to you while working. size is a smidge bigger. Also, you could look at it as an upgrade depending on what you're used to with a desktop. (probably with less harddrive space, but that's easy fix via cloudspace/external harddrive)

Good luck whatever you decide! ;D

awesome thanks, i ended up ordering the android version. because from what i read its pretty much the cintiq 13 hd but can also be used for mobile sketching with sketchbook pro
cool! have fun! ;D