[Image: jkfDt3Yl.jpg]
[Image: txVUyzHl.jpg]
[Image: t9NAflZl.jpg]
[Image: bOPaWDBl.jpg]
[Image: QQs4OAxl.jpg]
[Image: LAAKMs1l.jpg]
[Image: aCwQCMEl.jpg]
[Image: FTDTdeIl.jpg]
It's great you're practising all the important things here but you should really just use cheaper paper for this kind of stuff especially because moleskines are so expensive. It seems like you're squishing your figures a whole lot trying to fit them in the page, they're only about 5 heads tall. Slow down to get the construction right and it will save you trouble. Check out Loomis' figure drawing book if you haven't already.
[Image: 17-10-622362.jpg]
Now that you said it, I seem to notice that my drawings don't fit on the pages of Moleskine, but I use those because I only have them and a load of A3 sheets and it feels more organised to draw in moleskines every day than on A3; and with moleskine, every drawing is inside, compared to how A3 sheets can end up being everywhere if you open the folder in a wrong way.
I've been thinking of using A3 to draw on a regular basis though, so I will give it a try this week!
And I have the Loomis's book, if you are talking about the "fun with the pencil" one, except I haven't seen the illustration you provided in that book yet.
that image is from 'figure drawing for all its worth', but stick with fun with a pencil I think since it covers a lot of the same stuff, in a more fun way.

I know what you mean about lots of loose sheets, it's nice to keep a record of everything in one sketchbook. I use just really cheap sketchbooks from the supermarket, should be just a few dollars and you can get a bit bigger size. Try some A3 drawing though, it really helps you to loosen up if you draw really big and use your whole arm - its nice if you can have the big paper angled up, either on a pad resting on your knees or a drawing board or (what I use) some scrap wood propped up on the table. When it is flat, the far end of the paper and the angle of your eyes to it is quite extreme and you draw what looks right from your eye level but it is actually distorted when you hold up the paper afterwards. Not an issue so much for small paper but for big paper you should be aware of that.

Keep it up my friend! You're doing great ^^

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
This week's update, this time, I decided to start drawing on A3 sheets.

[Image: KndebVgl.jpg]
[Image: 8OMjj64l.jpg]
[Image: DDZq0gFl.jpg]
[Image: kwmi5ZCl.jpg]
[Image: 7NPwUdfl.jpg?1]
[Image: u6Y3gdPl.jpg]
[Image: majFjc8l.jpg?1]
[Image: hlLc8d3l.jpg]
[Image: gaZa5vSl.jpg?1]
[Image: E7xlPuWl.jpg?1]
[Image: 1Vbv1hil.jpg?1]
This is not an update: I attempted drawing something more elaborate than random boxes with two-point perspective, and I would like to have any/all mistakes I made in this piece explained.
[Image: FEMuiJNl.jpg]
Hey man, it's looking good - nice aiming of the lines to the vanishing points off the page, doing that is great practice!

I threw some straight lines over it so you can see. It's pretty solid, but with blocky shapes like this it's really obvious when the lines are not quite on target.

To make stuff look more solid, and like it belongs there (on top of getting the line accuracy better - which will just come with practice), you can work in overlaps - you did that a lot already - but that small building / block in the lower right that is all on its own looks like it's floating a bit, if you had something overlapping it in front it'd look more like it's fixed to the ground. You can also try adding a thicker / heavier pencil line to objects on the edges that touch the ground. This can make them look more like they are anchored to the earth (the next step from this is adding heavier line weight to objects that are overlapping others - to make them 'pop' out and emphasise that they are in front).

A bigger problem in that drawing though is the verticals - I dropped in vertical red lines on the image below so you can see. These are really hard to get perfectly straight - one of the hardest parts of perspective drawing like this - and you're doing great, so just keep practising ^^

[Image: Aj2BIey.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
This week's little update; I suppose I want to start focusing more on perspective studies.
[Image: uSfMjBWl.jpg]
[Image: 8GRXZSvl.jpg]
[Image: IjKkMBNl.jpg]
[Image: DlfbUzpl.jpg]
Oh my, this time I have even less sketches!
[Image: 1cf1ssNl.jpg?1]

[Image: cyI2PbTl.jpg?1]
Here you can see I used warped perspective to try and see if it really makes things look wrong. The warped perspective then added up to my wonky lines, completely obliterating whatever picture I initially wanted to draw.

[Image: 6N94OXZl.jpg?1]
Just scrolled through, First thing that comes to mind is you could take a lot away from studying bridgemans construction imo. try some super constructed figure drawings and that knowledge will likely bleed into everything else your doing!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

How do I do super constructed figure drawings and what is bridgemans construction ?
Here's a rather sad and dready update in a while. I feel like I suddenly turn retarded when I start drawing, which makes me unable to come up with anything coherent.
[Image: gdWYOOsl.jpg]
[Image: eaiabcxl.jpg]
[Image: SWIpPt8l.jpg]
[Image: zSvMHv1l.jpg]
[Image: wMKClohl.jpg]
This update took significantly longer to cook up.
I had to resort to using A4 paper rather than A3, and I'm not sure I'm about to get many A3 sheets soon :c
[Image: 7ysFAdVl.jpg]
[Image: bk8E6gpl.jpg]
[Image: vUaeIvXl.jpg?1]
[Image: NsvQQGUl.jpg?1]
[Image: RzdUW3Xl.jpg?1]
[Image: ekfm3e2l.jpg?1]
[Image: dW8hLEkl.jpg?1]
[Image: uWf3Nkul.jpg?1]
[Image: xAHQlF3l.jpg?1]
[Image: qSQnGmql.jpg]
[Image: JOJeevVl.jpg?1]
[Image: EgwXfnJl.jpg?1]
[Image: bTMYZRul.jpg?1]
[Image: YwpRRuhl.jpg]
[Image: h4vf8Kbl.jpg]
[Image: hXuAbv9l.jpg]
[Image: sr8bsJfl.jpg]
[Image: nPBuQPil.jpg]
[Image: 6JW6bx8l.jpg?1]
[Image: Q712NyFl.jpg?1]
[Image: SZ86zI4l.jpg?1]
[Image: mtsnpMrl.jpg?3]
[Image: tjsNpVOl.jpg?1]
[Image: oKSZNyRl.jpg?1]
[Image: VHHgO4Sl.jpg?1]
[Image: s4jbLSYl.jpg?1]
[Image: tjsZ7Dcl.jpg?1]
[Image: Zi1edgJl.jpg]
[Image: Llzh0xzl.jpg]
[Image: 77Q98Sxl.jpg]
I am thinking of posting things that I draw right after I feel like I finish drawing them, but I'm not sure if this is going to work and take less time than dumping, say, a fortnight of sketches at once.
[Image: AR3nl69l.jpg]
keep it up mate , draw from life as well ! draw gestures all the time. draw while thinking about form (hard thing to do) but with practice itll come intuitively

How do I even draw gestures from life?? o:
Last days' sketches:
[Image: gn84J9zl.jpg?1]
[Image: Q1WVjlBl.jpg]
I haven't updated the thread for three weeks, mostly because I haven't done a lot of things, but there are some sketches from the second half of June and start of July: I thought it would be good if I tried to make July my Inktober, for I have a few dip pens and nibs and some ink laying, gathering dust.
[Image: ES1a0krl.jpg]
[Image: Xqck7vnl.jpg]
[Image: yk1L5nQl.jpg]
[Image: tqJ5GhGl.jpg]