Benjamins Book of doom
few snaps from some recent sketchbook work, really do need a better camera...or a scanner

[Image: xjhlXA.jpg]
[Image: 3EYNpZ.jpg]
[Image: 8jHPDt.jpg]
[Image: r3Yzr7.jpg]
[Image: GhViEV.jpg]
[Image: h0vTvf.jpg]
[Image: THl8yf.jpg]
[Image: nQ7yc2.jpg]

Another piece ive been working on for a few days, really trying to stick to a piece and push it as far as i can, heres where im at with it

[Image: 3Phaj7.png]
[Image: 7pYcKV.png][Image: yR2tur.png]

Im not 100% with the latest pass, i think ive added abit to much and lost some focal points...BUT i shall continue, all crits welcomed :) been staring at this for days. And alittle character sketch some dark key keeper?
[Image: eZ5OP0.png]

I think your latest pass is fine, focal point is still there. Have you consider adding some faint details to the big black space to the right of the image? Also, his body/cape has the same saturation all over. You can use artistic license and give more fade to the blues furthest away from his face, using that to strengthen your focal point. Also you can leave that part blur, but use details and hard edges to sharpen the areas of his body that are right around his head. It's a trick they used in the newest Star Wars movie.

Focus.
(01-02-2016, 03:18 PM)meat Wrote: I think your latest pass is fine, focal point is still there. Have you consider adding some faint details to the big black space to the right of the image? Also, his body/cape has the same saturation all over. You can use artistic license and give more fade to the blues furthest away from his face, using that to strengthen your focal point. Also you can leave that part blur, but use details and hard edges to sharpen the areas of his body that are right around his head. It's a trick they used in the newest Star Wars movie.

Hey Meat
 Thanks for the comment dude, ill take onboard what youve suggested and see what i can do :D ill definitly be using more of my artistic license and ill try to get my blur on and sharpen up those important edges