my first digital painting ever
well , as said in the title.

this is my first digital painting ever and well its my first sketch since at least 8 years now.

soooo critique at will :)

[Image: ship_a_by_archamza-d7w9gh5.jpg]
Im kind of wondering what this actually is, is it a spaceship? Is it some sort of sci-fi gun laying down flat? I think it's a spaceship so I'm going to crit it as that. You have a good grasp of perspective and line weight, I think it would have been better the opposite way around however with the exhausts on the right side of the page or to have the one above and the design repeated showing it the other way around. Also I have no idea how big or small this ship is due to there being nothing to compare it to as a size reference. The overall design is a little confusing as stated above i'm looking at it again and I still cant decide whether its a gun or a ship so some more clarity in that design respect would also help.

Saying all that good job on this being your first digital painting and being gone for 8 years, so keep pumping out those digital works to get that mileage :).

thanks alot for the reply
you are right actually, its abit hard to tell what it is , i just flipped it in psd upside down to see it in fresh eye and couldnt tell what it was from first glance.

its meant to be a spaceship however.

ill try to work on it abit more and apply your pointers.

thanks again :)