skull life with pot and leaves

figure drawings

Sunset study

mummy

Griffith observatory view

Skull lives and a pot

figure scroll

self portrait 3

I'm loving your oils James, your colours just work so well!

You mentioned that you use colour swatches to match your colours, would you mind elaborating a little please?

Keep posting!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey man, good stuff! Make sure to watch your proportion; the woman's (with the green cloak/covering) right leg feels like it has no structure or anything underneath. Try being decisive with your block in and really get everything correct before putting paint to canvas. That said, I've only done a little bit of traditional work myself but I understand how hard it can be :P

Keep at it! You're doing great!

@Nick, thanks it was done in a workshop, i don't have time to correct everything in 3hrs though

@artloader thanks, i don't use color swatches in doing tradition, depending on where your sitting and the lighting of the subject, it might be impossible to match the exact illumination with your canvas in real life unless you have a light behind you that can match that exact illumination. So if the model is lit let's say and your painting in a dark corner your painting will always appear darker than the model, so you just have to judge value relationships and contrast by eyeballing it pretty much.

Aria Rising