Discipline Building Strategies
Hey folks, I wanted to share some thoughts on discipline and how to build it with different strategies. It's a fairly long text but I hope some of you will read it and find it useful. If you do read it and like it, please feel free to share it around and share your thoughts on the topic

http://patrickgaumond.deviantart.com/jou...1420572572

Thanks and have a great art year : )

Well said!

I think i might use that calender idea again. I used it before to keep track of going into college believe it or not Stupid
I can confirm it works. now to try it for art haha

Oh and have a great year to you too! Party

Thanks!

The calendar works pretty well for art, but it's important not to make it a habit of drawing for 10 minutes to meet the goal. Hopefully it will help you to work for longer when you do work and avoid days where it wouldnt be fruitful to work in the first place

Very insightful article Patrick, I will buy a calender and try the red x thing

Where is my mind?

Sketchbook
Hey, Patrick, good tips! Thanks for sharing- I'm going to apply these. I too want 2015 to be a productive art year for me. :)
Very good reading! there were many good and useful advice, and good video link with Jeff Iliff. so thanks for that. :)

Facebook
Pinterest
Deviantart
That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stranger.
Thank you for that article, Patrick! Very sound and useful advice; exactly what I needed to know. :)