Book of Voodoo
Great guaches! Keep it up guaches are quite tricky but sure are satisfying.

Hey!
Its great to see you here. I saw you around on CA.org.
The drawings and paintings look great, I can't really critique anything there from a technical standpoint. 

Maybe another avenue to explore in your art is playing with more compositional extremes. It seems people have mentioned working on stronger value contrast but I think there is also an opportunity to explore more daring perspective. I think it could be interesting to explore how a movie director or photographer might frame characters in their environment to tell a story. I like looking at great storyboards or movie stills to study this idea: http://kse332.deviantart.com/art/Image-boards-324322807

Of course this may not be the direction you want to take your illustrations or art, it's just another way to keep pushing your comfort zone.
Hey, awesome to see you, Voodoo Ma. I used to be on CA.org as well. I was Misty Feather, haha. Grin

I've always been rather envious of your work-- Love your clean lines and compositions. Keep it up!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Very nice sketches, the characters convey life and energy. Good colors on the environment and guache studies.

oh my god Voodoo <3

the dynamism is strong... yhfjhsdr. gorgeous pharaoh gouache study! I'm sure you learned a ton from them!

thanks for the inspa fueeeel !! :D

*goes back to lurking*

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Hobitt, Thank you! Yes they are really fun to work with, I would like to get really good at them ^^

CaDisciple, yee It's great to see you here too! I remember you from CA as well ^^. Thanks so much for the crit, I do think I have to work more on composition and perspective, so it's good to know! I will push those as well.

Bookend, Hèèè Misty Feather! I remeber you as well xD great to see you here too! Thank you very much!

Crackedskull, Thank you!

smrr, hèèèèè Thankyou! yeaw I learned a lot,  gotta keep pushing on those traditional works ^^ haha lurking's the best :y

--
One of the mattepainting shots I did for the tv show  Penny Dreadful, season 2
Made the tree look scorched,

[Image: WEB_pdf02_scorchedTree.jpg]

Used Photoshop to create the scorched look of the tree and Nuke for the compositing of the shot. Lots of roto in this one.

Also love this show. Very dramatic.  My favorite scene of the entire season 2 was the Sir Malcom Ghost Waltz. 

ahh here are some ink sketches, they're  characters from the Samurai Warriors game
I don;t really ink, but It'd be cool to learn so I'll keep tryin

[Image: 73_1.jpg]
[Image: 75_1.jpg]
[Image: 74_1.jpg]
[Image: 76_1.jpg]

Tiny Assassin's Creed character sketches. From Black Flag

[Image: AC_Voodoo-Mama_sketchTinyAdewaleTinyEdward.png]

gouache study
[Image: 8.jpg]

more sketches
[Image: 77_1.jpg]
[Image: 78_1.jpg]

and a current work in progress
[Image: knight2015-2.jpg]
Voodoo Maaa! Amazing work. I really love the show Penny Dreadful too, so it's really cool to see a little of what's going on behind it, and someone's efforts to make it pop. Grin The last episode I saw was with the flash back of the witch lady.

You're always up to a variety of stuff. So cool. Smile

Sketchblag

Sketchosoph, Thank you for the encouragement!

Bookend, Thank you! ahhh I know which episode you're talking about, I did some mattepaints for that one too xD

happy you like it!
Thank you very much! :)

---
gouache study, from fossils at the Royal Ontario Museum
[Image: 9.jpg]
Samurai Warriors sketch :y
[Image: 91_1.jpg]
Arno from Assassin's Creed Unity
[Image: AC_Voodoo-Mama_sketchArnoMasterPhantomHood.png]

some more tiny sketches
[Image: 79_1.jpg]
[Image: 80_1.jpg]
[Image: 90_1.jpg]
and knight illust
[Image: Voodoo-Mama_Knight2015.png]
Hey cool knight illustration! but maybe crop it a bit further on the right because the hoofs feel almost like a tangent, and as always the guaches are looking great, keep up the good work!

Great paints and sketches today! That fossil work is really interesting, and the colours you chose are pretty soft and blends nicely. Your tiny sketches in the boxes make me think maybe you've got a graphic novel or comic in the works, lol.

Keep up the fantastic work. Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

There are all amazing. There is nothing that I can critique. I hope I can be that well someday :) But I do wonder the story or the idea behind "the knight illustration". It looks very dreamy!

Nice stuff! Really liked how the knight piece turned out, and I agree with Hobbit on opening it up a bit more, mostly just to give the piece a little more breathing room. Right now it's a little cramped.

Looking forward to next update! :]

Hobitt, Thank you!

Bookend, Thank you! haha no graphic novels, it's just stuff I do at work while I wait for my stuff to cache or render. I;ve been trying to practice more composition.

Purple Scissors, Thank you! It's a fairy tale knight, like a knight coming out of a book or manuscript :/ I decided to make a painting of a fairytale knight once a year since I decided to take art seriously (so far I have 4) , just as a way to see the progression using the same subject, and cause I like knights and unicorns :P

Archreux, Thank you!!

---

another ROM fossil gouache
[Image: 10.jpg]
cities
[Image: Voodoo-Mama_mp-sketchcity-1.png]
[Image: Voodoo-Mama_mp-sketchcity-2.png]
[Image: Voodoo-Mama_mp-sketchcity-3.png]

and for the Character of the Week #14. The title is "Color Wright" The description I couldn't understand well ^^u but I picked color red anyways, an ancient warrior cursed by anger
[Image: 14-VoodooMama-Final.png]
Dang, Mama, you're always impressing me with every update you post! Your environments are beautiful, and I'm a big fan of your red color wight. Your traditional paintings are really cool, I'd love to see you focus on them more!

I am enjoying these fossils for some reason! They have a really soft, nostalgic quality to them.

The cities are looking pretty sweet too-- Dang!

Your Chow is fiiieerrcccee..

Continue the awesomeness. Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Really cool looking color wright but a more subjective crit would be increase the saturation around the focal point ( head) so the eye would be drawn to it, everything else looks great !

Agree with the earlier posts. Really cool Character of the Week Entry.

Also the environment compositions are great, curious what your process is for those. Do you come up with different views based on a design reference like a screenshot/ series of google images. or do you already have a design in mind. I think it would be great practice for me as well. 

Great work!

ZombieChinchilla, Thank you! I would  love to do more traditional as well ^^

Sketchosoph, Thank you very much :)

Bookend, Thank you :)

Hobitt, Thanks you! I'll keep that in mind ^^

CaDisciple, Thank you ! I do both actually, sometimes I see a pic I like and I try to 'move the camera' around in my imagination to come up with different views and place it on paper, and other times is entirely from imagination. 
I think its a good exercise to push the imagination too ^^

--
Been busy, but here's some stuff
study from photos
[Image: 95_1.jpg]
sketches
[Image: 96_1.jpg]
[Image: 97_1.jpg]
[Image: 98_1.jpg]
[Image: 94_1.jpg]
Jia Chong from Dynasty Warriors game
[Image: 92_1.jpg]
Gouache. Petit Arno from Assassin's Creed Unity
[Image: AC-Voodoo_Mama-AllezpetitArno.png]
landscape
[Image: WEB_Voodoo-Mama_sketchesVI.jpg]
This was for the Chow #15 "The Rusalka"
It was last week's activity, didn't get a chance to enter the current one :/
[Image: 15-Rusalka-VoodooMama_1.jpg]
OOoo, as usual, you impress VoodooMa! Grin

My favourite is Egypt and the Rusalka. Wowww. That hair, and her eerie look! Nice to see you working more with ink and those thumbnails. They're looking more and more awesome. Keep it up! Gogogogo! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

My lawd, Voodoo! Them sketch thumbnails! Unnnff!

Also, I really dig your Rusalka, I _feel_ her character, yknow?

Still studying even though you're busy. The inspiratttioooonn <3

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all