mech character design , C&C pls
another sketch from couples days ago, mech / cyborg type of design. tried to make the lighting more realistic.

sorry for the low res, any C&C would be great.

thanks a lot
This is very nice man! If anything I would say the integration of some of the tubing and neck machinery could be better. For example you can clearly see the green plastic texture over that tubing on his shoulder, and some of the machinery at the back of the head looks a bit too arbitrary. Perhaps more connection/joint points from the torso to the machinery or the machinery to the head would help it fit in more.
I love the combo of that transparent plastic and machinery. Aaron Beck did something mildly similar ages ago with a medical robot guy, and it is a combo you don't see too often. Tons of this bipedal robot with an angular shaped head around. Kinda getting bored of those, so I like that you have at least used a more organic shape

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(07-23-2015, 03:06 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: This is very nice man! If anything I would say the integration of some of the tubing and neck machinery could be better. For example you can clearly see the green plastic texture over that tubing on his shoulder, and some of the machinery at the back of the head looks a bit too arbitrary. Perhaps more connection/joint points from the torso to the machinery or the machinery to the head would help it fit in more.
I love the combo of that transparent plastic and machinery. Aaron Beck did something mildly similar ages ago with a medical robot guy, and it is a combo you don't see too often. Tons of this bipedal robot with an angular shaped head around. Kinda getting bored of those, so I like that you have at least used a more organic shape

thanks for the feedback, yea it not as defined as i wanted it to be partially because i was too lazy (ye i know) and partially because i wanted to keep it as a sketch and move on to something else.
i guess atleast another detail pass can really make it much better.

design wise i kind of got mixed reviews on it, meaning some like some not so much so im focusing my time on studying design more now days.

thanks a lot
It's not breaking new ground in terms of design language, but how many art directors insist on original design language? It pretty much never happens. Usually they want what someone else has already done. Got to get on with the program, most games and movies aren't fine art. You've made a perfectly reasonable adaptation of stuff we've seen before, with a head design that is different enough to stick out. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

It's all shadows.
thanks guys,

mm well im too newb to try and break new grounds in terms of design, maybe after i get more experience.