seeking critique
Here's a female character I made was wondering if anybody would look over this.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yo try like dying tho
Try laying on the floor and see if you can get your bent arm to hold the hand at that angle, it feels to me it's more likely be little finger upper, or hand flatter (on the back of the hand, fingers still curled in like), and if the person is dead or asleep, then most likely flat because that's the most relaxed pose. The clothing design looks interesting!

Heya Skippyspaceman!

Liking the costume:)
Some questions.

Is the image supposed to be viewed in landscape format like it currently is? Or is it supposed to be viewed in portrait format?

She looks to me like a ranger character, could you tell me more about the character, and how you want to show that in the drawing?

Cheers!
(07-22-2015, 12:57 PM)dodeqaa Wrote: Heya Skippyspaceman!

Liking the costume:)
Some questions.

Is the image supposed to be viewed in landscape format like it currently is? Or is it supposed to be viewed in portrait format?

She looks to me like a ranger character, could you tell me more about the character, and how you want to show that in the drawing?

Cheers!
OH its supposed to be in portrait like she's floating but I must have messed up posting the picture  so sorry about that lol
And shes this hero character I made who can has telekinesis so she can levitate stuff and she can float. She's supposed to be floating in the picture but I know see it looks like she laying haha.
From what I can see, you have a definite character and have thought about clothing design a bit, but I think you really need to start paying attention to fundamentals in your drawings. I don't know your background or your age, but if you are serious about making your artwork better, then I think you have to start doing quite a lot of study,to address these fundamentals.

The fundamentals you will need to focus more on as a character designer is basic form, perspective, anatomy and figure construction. Eventually you will have to encorporate colour theory and design. but first things first. you have to work on your drawing skills. Draw things from observation, do gesture studies and figure studies, begin to learn anatomy and start to learn how light and shadow are used to depict form. Go to life drawing classes. Start to learn perspective theory and practice it. There are many things and many resources you can use to help you on your journey.

Sorry if that might seem harsh and was more than you were looking for, but this forum is all about supporting artists in their learning journey, so I wouldn't be doing you a favour by not telling you the truth. Do you have a sketchbook on the forum? Do you do any studies with your drawing or just draw for fun? If not I recommend you start a sketchbook here on the daggers, and start posting your work and get comments and critque from the other users. Have a look at what others are doing in their sketchbooks to get an idea of what you can get started on.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone for help along the way. I hope that helps.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
I did a quick drawing using your idea, but paying attention to all the fundamentals of drawing a figure in perspective. I'm not a very good character artist, but I hope it is useful to you. You can ask me any questions you'd like.  

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Amit : Spot on!

SkippySpaceman : I see, lol. Rotate the scan image before posting hehe.

I second Amit. If you find it overwhelming, take it one bit at a time.

Okay heres my two cents. I like the design very much btw :)

Wiash I could do better lines over the mannequin guide but I think the idea is there? You 
can buy this kinda artist mannequin for cheap everywhere I suppose. 

The volumes are super simple so  its easy to imagine them in space. There's more expensive and anatomically accurate figures out there  but the aim here is to visualize and mark down volumes in space, so you have to imagine and edit the mannequin a fair bit. 

Once you can suggest the idea of volumes in space accurately, the understanding of cloth and anatomy can be introduced with the confidence that your general forms are sitting well in perspective.

Here are some tutorials by the awesome Paul Richards you will find useful :)

http://www.autodestructdigital.blogspot....53dc5e4255

http://autodestructdigital.blogspot.sg/2...3c9642473f

http://autodestructdigital.blogspot.sg/2...b44ac01fc8

Take your time to learn and solve the problems and you will surely end up with the skills to make things better :) 

Happy artin'!