Grinding
Hey, that's a good portrait for where you're at right now! You have a clear understanding of where everything sits. I think you could benefit from some perspective studies, but failing that, try drawing an apple from life, something with some substance. I think it'll help your shapes a lot!

Keep up the great work! Grin Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
(09-08-2015, 07:12 AM)Bookend Wrote: Hey, that's a good portrait for where you're at right now!  You have a clear understanding of where everything sits.  I think you could benefit from some perspective studies, but failing that, try drawing an apple from life, something with some substance.  I think it'll help your shapes a lot!

Keep up the great work! Grin Thumbs_up

Perspective studies coming right up!

Attached Files Image(s)

I found something that could be useful when studying perspective.

Nice perspective studies! The cutaway boxes is a great exercise. Now stack them! ;)

Something to try -- to get crispier lines, do not go over the same one over and over, even to make them "weigh" more and come forward. If you mess up, do not draw across the line again: this creates bad habits, makes your linework fuzzier and your hand doesn't learn to draw them straight and accurate the first time. It can harm your perspective studies -- drawing from the same vanishing point over and over is sure to tamper with accuracy.

https://youtu.be/AaZmwHU7vZo?t=1m22s

^ "Cause somewhere in there is the perfect ellipse, but we cannot see it because it's covered by all these bad ones"

Believe in your lines and they will believe in you!!

I tried to do a still life of an egg, but as always I didn't exactly succeed. So I decided to go do some more perspective studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-09-2015, 02:38 PM)vlada Wrote: Nice perspective studies! The cutaway boxes is a great exercise. Now stack them! ;)

Something to try -- to get crispier lines, do not go over the same one over and over, even to make them "weigh" more and come forward. If you mess up, do not draw across the line again: this creates bad habits, makes your linework fuzzier and your hand doesn't learn to draw them straight and accurate the first time. It can harm your perspective studies -- drawing from the same vanishing point over and over is sure to tamper with accuracy.

https://youtu.be/AaZmwHU7vZo?t=1m22s

^ "Cause somewhere in there is the perfect ellipse, but we cannot see it because it's covered by all these bad ones"

Believe in your lines and they will believe in you!!

I accepted your challenge and tried to stack the boxes! I also tried not to go over the my lines which made my drawings look cleaner.

Attached Files Image(s)

part 1

Attached Files Image(s)

part 2

Attached Files Image(s)

part 3

Attached Files Image(s)

part 4

Attached Files Image(s)

Hands

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are some drawings of feet.

Attached Files Image(s)

More feet

Attached Files Image(s)

hey nice hands and feet!

i like your skulls too - are you working on a particular exercise or approach with those? i wanna try something similar but my simplified skulls are shocking.

(09-25-2015, 07:48 AM)lurch Wrote: hey nice hands and feet!

i like your skulls too - are you working on a particular exercise or approach with those? i wanna try something similar but my simplified skulls are shocking.

Thanks! The exercise is based on this video.

Some fan art of Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke.

Attached Files Image(s)

I tried to add a little volume to my gestures, I also tried to make sure my proportions were a little better.

Attached Files Image(s)

hi!

you have some really nice fluid motion in your gestures, and it's good to see that you're really getting into your perspective studies. i like the variation in types of perspective, and i think that if you keep grinding like this you'll see some real progress!

i would love to see you do more drawings that you spend a good chunk of time on- line and perspective are important fundamentals but tone and value are also important, and it is good to learn early on how to carry a piece through without overworking it.

keep it up, i can't wait to see what you do!
(09-27-2015, 08:43 PM)ari Wrote: i would love to see you do more drawings that you spend a good chunk of time on- line and perspective are important fundamentals but tone and value are also important, and it is good to learn early on how to carry a piece through without overworking it.

keep it up, i can't wait to see what you do!

I will ari, thanks! And you are right, I should spend way more time on my drawings. As well as explore tone and value.

As for what I have today?

1) To test my skills, I decided to draw a page of a fantasy comic at toward end of each month. So today we
have the first page. 

2) My first Inktober drawing of this year.

Better stuff tomorrow...Hopefully

Attached Files Image(s)

Day 2

Attached Files Image(s)