Serious issue with super-slippery stylus
Does anyone have an antidote to counteract the slippery surface of the Intuos 4 tablets? It just doesn't feel like I'm using a pencil when I try to work quickly with my tablet and the surface doesn't feel like paper. In fact, it's so slippery that I often miscalculate my lines and angles and finish longer strokes with a weird curl that trails off near the end. Wait a sec.... I just remembered something.........nice. Okay, there's some different looking nibs inside the pen stand. Maybe one of those might do the trick. There's a few nibs that are all white--they might provide a little more resistance on the tablet surface. I'll check them out and report back.

As a side note, for ergonomics I've taken a rolled-up bath towel and used it to prop up my tablet on one end to put the drawing surface at a more comfortable angle and it seems to help a lot.

Does anyone have any similar issues with the slick feel of the tablet becoming bothersome?

The amazing Scraptaculus can be found here:
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2757
Put a piece of copypaper on top of it

(05-18-2015, 10:26 PM)Gliger Wrote: Put a piece of copypaper on top of it

Thanks, Gliger. That's a good idea; I didn't even think about that.

About those pen nibs that are included with the Intuos tablets: I did get a chance to try some of them and they do seem to help a little by providing a slight bit of resistance on the tablet, but not very much and it might even be my imagination telling me there's an improvement. (I'm referring to the all-white nibs.)

The amazing Scraptaculus can be found here:
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2757
I like the smooth surface for painting, but not so much for drawing on tablet - but as Gliger already said, a piece of paper does the trick for me :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!