My newest piece of art
Music 
Cat

This is the best way I could find to post the image..
Maybe try using photobucket or imageshack?

Don't bother "finding your style". Just learn the basics of art and drawing and how to represent real life (perspective, value, composition, anatomy, etc.). You can't help but draw in your own style. You're you!
Draw from real life (or photos if you have to) and practice out of Andrew Loomis' books

http://alexhays.com/loomis/

When you get to a skill level you're comfortable with you can study different kinds of stylization if you want to. Every style came from a combination of the artist's personal style and their observations of nature and other people's art. Osamu Tezuka invented the anime style from observing the style of Disney cartoons!
But you're not ready to stylize things yet. This is a horrible cliche but here goes: "You have to learn the rules before you can learn how to break them"
(03-13-2012, 11:31 AM)Vertical Wrote: Maybe try using photobucket or imageshack?

Don't bother "finding your style". Just learn the basics of art and drawing and how to represent real life (perspective, value, composition, anatomy, etc.). You can't help but draw in your own style. You're you!
Draw from real life (or photos if you have to) and practice out of Andrew Loomis' books

http://alexhays.com/loomis/

When you get to a skill level you're comfortable with you can study different kinds of stylization if you want to. Every style came from a combination of the artist's personal style and their observations of nature and other people's art. Osamu Tezuka invented the anime style from observing the style of Disney cartoons!
But you're not ready to stylize things yet. This is a horrible cliche but here goes: "You have to learn the rules before you can learn how to break them"

I don't have a photobucket account or whatever it's called, but I'll work on that. Alright. Thank's alot for the advice :) Alot of times, I take a picture and change it slightly to look like me. Not that those drawings ever see the light of day.
I feel like the biggest problem in this piece is that it's stylized without much knowledge of the anatomy. I would suggest you do some more anatomy studies of your subject before you draw something like it. Also, when tackling something very new, it's very smart to have reference open while doing the piece to guide you some (not complete copying of course).

Know the rules before you break them, basically.

As for stylizing things, you probably should look up artists you like that has a very stylized style you admire and learn from it. It's a lot about shape language and how they read on the page.

Hope that helps.

(03-13-2012, 10:27 PM)Conny Nordlund Wrote: I feel like the biggest problem in this piece is that it's stylized without much knowledge of the anatomy. I would suggest you do some more anatomy studies of your subject before you draw something like it. Also, when tackling something very new, it's very smart to have reference open while doing the piece to guide you some (not complete copying of course).

Know the rules before you break them, basically.

As for stylizing things, you probably should look up artists you like that has a very stylized style you admire and learn from it. It's a lot about shape language and how they read on the page.

Hope that helps.

Alright. Thanks :)