Chasen's Busted SB
Hello !

My name is Chasen, I'm 17 and about halfway through my junior year of high school. I want to get really good. I look forward to hopefully making new friends and greatly improving with all of you !  Critiques are absolutely welcome and vastly appreciated !

I hate drawing heads.

Messiness before bed.

11 x 8.5 Graphite on Dirt Cheap Walmart Sketch Paper

Some busted figure studies

More studies, the day I draw a good head is the day I become an artist  Sick, puke

Some busted gestures before bed 

I was going to bed but 
Hey, welcome to CD! You have pretty good stuff for your age, better than what my stuff was like then hahaha. Keep it coming!

(11-22-2015, 11:11 PM)ZombieChinchilla Wrote: Hey, welcome to CD! You have pretty good stuff for your age, better than what my stuff was like then hahaha. Keep it coming!

Thank you !

Heads ! I can't draw them to save my life

Good sketchbook. Keep it up.
Yeah.. You have some trouble with heads. But nothing that practice can't fix.
Have you ever thought about sculpting? I find it very helpful for learning the form.

more busted heads
(11-23-2015, 12:41 PM)arturs92 Wrote: Good sketchbook. Keep it up.
Yeah.. You have some trouble with heads. But nothing that practice can't fix.
Have you ever thought about sculpting? I find it very helpful for learning the form.

Thanks I'm trying haha. 

I've peered into digital sculpture and traditional sculpture but I've never have put much time into actually looking into it. Digital sculpture looks like it will take a lot just to learn the basics of the software(s) and traditional for me is  just expensive with already the expenses of doing 2D stuff. Maybe taking a more Anthony Jones approach to things could lead to some good news with my god awful heads.... but I doubt it. I've tried so many approaches to drawing the  head I've lost hope in finding something that works for me , just going to keep shelling them out until they get good. I would love to do a more 3d approach but I just really want to get very good at line drawing before really starting to invest time into these aspects of art, it may just be an unnecessary detour at my 'skill' level at the moment.  Or spending time in sculpture could reveal all of my problems with my busted heads, perhaps in the end it is worth looking into.

Thanks !
Keep grinding on your skill. Most of your heads aren't that bad. You are on the right track. ;)

Some more busted figures 

Busted Studies

Started with skulls today because why not

More BS Busted Heads