Ph's Sketchbook
Sorry for the Image Quality, I will try my best to make better photos in the future, the following 2 sets i will post after this one will have about the same quality thought since i did them in one setting. Is the Image size OK or should i set it lower? If yes, i tried to set the "size" in the code to medium but it wont change :/
Don't worry, they get better ;)
I made an effort to put them in the order i made them from may this year to now.
for the last two months i have been visiting nude drawing session and i will post some of these too. But i think i am missing proper instruction and could progress much faster if i knew how. I picked up the bargue plates and they helped a lot to think more constructively but they are dry as hell - cant be doing them solely the whole weeek straight

Original: James Gurney "Birdman"
[Image: 3mC8e6k.jpg]
Very first time using color in more than a little apple.
Used Colored Pencial - Polychromos

[font=Arial, sans-serif][Image: xWGXBDB.jpg]

Used Colored Pencial - Polychromos[/font]

[font=open_sansregular, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][Image: VI7xt8m.jpg]
[font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]Used Colored Pencial - Polychromos
[/font]

[Image: UkqwOn4.jpg]
[font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]I think at here i added using Caran D'Ache colored pencils
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[Image: ZMCBh35.jpg]
[Image: IdA7Hag.jpg]
[font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]from here on they were made AFTER the spacecowboy below
[/font]

[Image: 6BdAjUw.jpg]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][Image: e6uCf2p.jpg]
[Image: MWhHRA5.jpg]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][Image: amKS8Ny.jpg]
[Image: ltfFmLk.jpg]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]Original: Some spacecowboy from James Gurney (As used in "Color and Light"[/font][/font][/font][/font]

[Image: qAOzr9H.jpg]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][Image: EvGNFKr.jpg][/font][/font][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][Image: 7kSY6vO.jpg]
[Image: S9R929H.jpg]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]Original "jeunesse" by bouguereau[/font]
[Image: Ow1P9oA.jpg]
[font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]With light from the back. I discovered this by accident.
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif][font=open_sanssemibold, sans-serif]Char[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

[Image: w8FxPxX.jpg]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]Original from the MTG TCG Series[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif][font=open_sanssemibold, sans-serif]Browbeat[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[Image: Ac9Xba5.jpg]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]Original from the MTG TCG Series[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[Image: x0etvXZ.jpg]
[font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]photoreference from pixelovely
[/font]

[Image: xbNvBZI.jpg]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]photoreference from pixelovely[/font][/font]
[Image: hFxs8gg.jpg]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][Image: eW0PXJb.jpg][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]photoreference from pixelovely[/font][/font][/font]
[Image: t4tfiyG.jpg]
[/font]

[Image: rWsvkyg.jpg]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][Image: wyG8SfX.jpg][/font][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]photoreference from pixelovely[/font][/font][/font]
Second set of pictures

Gauntlet
[Image: dLrWaRt.jpg]
Original by Frank Frazetta

[font=open_sanssemibold, sans-serif]Gauntlet Unleashed[/font]
[Image: ZYXJG0A.jpg]
(partly)
Original by Frank Frazetta

My first idea was to give him an axe and a sword as weapons. As i painted i got the feeling the chained version from Frazatte himself was a better picture than anything conjured in my mind.

Gauntlet is chained against the snake. On both sides.

[Image: K022jlH.jpg]
references from pixelovely
Third set of Images

[Image: Ejp0OMQ.jpg]
[Image: 5A4efva.jpg]
Refrences used: Bull from real life photograph and Indian from a painting
In on the [font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]colors are brighter because of the flashlight. The picture is currently not in my possession, so i dont know anymore which is more correct to my original.[/font]

[font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]Lion Head Study[/font]
[Image: lyBH0n1.jpg]
missed proportions from the original before i got to the eye, so it looked like he was crying when i set it in(from Ellenberger's Animal Anatomy) (i didnt presketch/construct)

Coming up Next: Doodles - [font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]30.11.2015 without reference[/font]

[Image: lD0h9qE.jpg]
[Image: 7sGQISq.jpg]
[Image: N0ytdSm.jpg]
[Image: 4vRNG58.jpg]
[Image: nwlLnj0.jpg]
[Image: IIZYZWN.jpg]
[Image: TzFStMV.jpg]
[Image: s9YwLMF.jpg]
[Image: tqac9uB.jpg]
Quick with reference:
[Image: IR6DYk7.jpg]
[Image: UCW7wz4.jpg]