I'm ready to do this!
Smile 
Hi, my name is Zak! I feel like I've awakened, and joined this forum to STAY AWAKE! (Because let me tell ya, the coffee only works for so long..) Really looking forward to being a part of the community on Crimson Daggers.

All about me, me, me:
I'm almost twenty years old, been lurking on CD for a week, and am half way through a two year program for "animation & game art" at a community college. I'm pursuing a career in feature animation (most interested in animating, storyboarding, and character designing aspects), and joined because I realized the need to get "serious serious" in order to make this dream happen, hopefully reaching a professional level in five years or so. I can't live in my parents basement forever, so this will certainly be quite a journey.

The biggest goal for me currently is to learn 2D drawing and animating fundamentals, applying those skills through short projects, and learning to study reference (and internalizing it through application).

I have been working through the classic Preston Blair animation book and copying cartoons to learn basic cartoon construction and character design. I have a subscription to NMA, and am slowly working through the basic courses on there to learn anatomy. However, here are some imagined sketches I drew before bed tonight.. I have never voluntarily showed my sketches to anyone, as you can see why (really embarrassing to draw something this bad and to show it). I've fooled myself into constantly copying without doing any real learning, and it feels bad.

I promise to dedicate myself to work hard, study hard, and to learn with and from the CA community! The discipline, awesome work, and accountability amongst artists here is beyond inspiring!

Here is some unnecessary backstory about me, summed up in a few bullet points. 
1. Didn't spend time thinking about drawing until 16yrs old (thanks, video games!), and did occasional drawing prior to that age. I slowly began to learn drawing at that point. 
2. At the ripe old age of 19, became stuck wallowing in too much self doubt and the unhealthy, irrational fear that it's 'too late" for me to start a journey towards a career in animation (Was obsessed with trying to find successful artists who got a "late start" so that I did't feel alone on this path).

Attached Files Image(s)