Star wars Santa
Hi guys & girls.
Could you guys cc this?
I had nice idea and had fun working on it but now mid piece I started to dislike it badly Thinking
I'm feeling like I'm polishing turd...

Attached Files Image(s)

Done some repainting. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

The painting execution itself is fine. However the composition and how the viewers eye moves around it not clear to me.
I think most of the elements have a similar emphasis, details, size and intensity, they are also spaced out evenly, it almost seems like you could split the painting into separate images Maybe you could pick one element to be more dominant than the others?
If it where up to me, I would make Santa larger and the other characters smaller or less of them.

A video game artist for ~2 decades I like to design model & animate characters + study traditional drawing painting & sculpting

Please follow me on Instagram or Facebook

Hey Goggs
first thing I don't get is the varying sizes of the heads. It's confusing because they don't consistently get smaller as the go back. Composition wise its good you've got some overlapping elements, i'm guessing you've tired to avoid tangents however the overlaps are all similar, characters are barely overlapping tiny pieces of objects and the space doesn't look very interactive. all the characters are about an equal spacing. the fronts of the sleigh were bit confusing with the look of the rolled out paper.
i guess santa's the main character but there's not much to show that but for his size. the characters gaze can be a way of directing the eye but they are mostly starring off the page or looking down.
the engines and the sleigh look more referenced than the other parts and they look quite good. santa looks a bit unwell.
sorry its all a bit thrown out there, just looking at the piece and seeing things that stick out.
its a nice idea and commendable execution ;)

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
Thanks for CC guys!
I'll do the paintover after I do the pieces I'm working on now.
I have changed few things that doesn't req full paintover,everything else is beyond help :D Good lessons for next time.

Attached Files Image(s)