Quick cinema study
[img][Image: w7ZRqGa.jpg][/img]

Painted in Clover Paint on the Cintiq Hybrid. ~ 1 hr

The goal:
To find a work flow that is comfortable for me and to help get in plenty of painting practice before June 2016. I will aim for 100 consecutive studies, as it seems like a easy to remember round number.
The Method:
To produce a study in about 30 minutes every day from images found on www.cinematicpaintings.com. That is roughly my length of my train commute to work, that I have been using to practice and to produce some 2D art.
The Rub:
To switch each day between different digital drawing tablets to compare the tools and workflow on each. I will be using Wacom Cintiq Hybrid running Android and Clover Paint, a Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 with Clip Paint Studio, and a Wacom Cintiq Hybrid connected to a Macbook in display mode using Clip Paint Studio or Photoshop.

A video game artist for ~2 decades I like to design model & animate characters + study traditional drawing painting & sculpting

Please follow me on Instagram or Facebook

This looks good, especially considering it's done in an hour. Her hair needs more black and her eyes aren't looking in the same direction as in the ref. There are a number of other smaller things that could be corrected, as I'm sure you have also noticed, but as I said, very nice for an hour's work, I think you captured the feel of the ref pretty well.

Nice idea about the 100 studies.
Thanks, great suggestion on the eyes, I think the angle of her whole face may be off too. Smaller details on the couch could be less blobby too.

The face was the most difficult and it is still off! Getting the proportions also took alot of time, mainly adjusting the legs, still it is off however. I spent most of the time on the face as I have found (and observed) that in paintings, if you can get the face and hands looking good, the rest can look like blocks and anvils and nobody cares since the image contains a decent looking face. heh heh...

Clover Paint on Android is very customizable and great for painting, but is lacking a reliable distort, and tweaking tools. IMHO one of the best is the Win/Mac Clip Studio Paint, not to mention Liquify in PS...

I am also not sure weather , when doing quick studies, if I should draw the composition first or just dive into blocks and forms with a brush.

A video game artist for ~2 decades I like to design model & animate characters + study traditional drawing painting & sculpting

Please follow me on Instagram or Facebook