Playing music on stream
Hey. That's maybe sort of a dumb question, nonetheless I don't know how to make music play on my twitch stream. I was playing some mix from youtube (on my headphones) but the stream was muted. I know how to enable my mic, but I have no idea how to play music in backgound.

I'd appreciate some help for the dumb man :(

If you're interested, here is my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/piotr_jasielski

What do you use to stream? OBS?

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Yes OBS

So, does anyone know how to make this work?

Yeah dude, go here and get the virtual audio cable (free/donationware). http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm
This gives you an extra set of audio inputs/outputs. You can use that to channel your music through into obs.

I use the banana mixer on that same site which gives you a lot more control, but might be overkill if you want to keep it simple. You don't need this since you can set up obs to work with the cable alone, but it allows you to control levels on the fly, mix in multiple input sources and add real time processing (say noise reduction for your mic. , etc). it can be a bit fiddly to setup, as the terminology is sometimes counterintuitive, but there are some decent guides to be found, through google and especially on the obs forums.

I highly recommed testing before you stream, because it can be fiddly. :)
Also you don't need to do all the above unless you want more control, as in obs it can be as simple as adding another desktop audio device source and make sure the source is set to your speakers or onboard soundcard. You also need to check that your default playback device is the soundcard or speakers in windows sound settings just in case it is set to something else...like headphones.

Thanks for the help. You're honestly the most helpful person on this forum.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work for be because I have a mac. However I think I managed to resolve the problem (hopefuly). It turned out that actually it is obligatory to install WaveTap on mac to be able to set audio other than microphone. I've searched for the answer for 3 days, so either I'm no good in google or it just failed me.

Anyway thank you!

Ah yeah I'm a mac noob, but glad you sorted it out! I use helping others as an effective procrastination method, so at least somebody gets some benefit out of my own stupid dysfunction :p

Ha ha, I think I have something a bit similar, helping is always a good excuse for procrastination :)