Creepy Yoda Illustration
Here's a new illustration, I'm having a fun time doing it. Any critique/paintover for the lighting/shadows would be appreciated  Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Of course, it's not finished. I'm working through my next render pass. You can tell by each half of the face :)
Great work, very funny too. Have you considered adjusting the spec on the tentacles as it might be distracting a bit from the face and focus? Maybe the face could get a tiny amount of similar spec? Adding a subtle plant or vine sillouette in the backdrop might help the design.

A video game artist for ~2 decades I like to design model & animate characters + study traditional drawing painting & sculpting

Please follow me on Instagram or Facebook

Do you mean specular highlights? I did plan on the face being of the same material, I haven't really rendered the tentacles or the bottom of the face how I want them, as of yet, but I do plan on them being similar. Great advice on reducing the contrast on the tentacles to lessen distraction. Also, great recommendation for some plant information in the background. Thanks!
nice idea. :)

I would only paint hair more in volume, try to search for reference on that.
Chipping away at this between other work. Here's another couple of hours into this. I wish I knew lighting and form better. I can EVENTUALLY get most of the way there, but an illustration like this takes me way too long. Still learning, I'm happy about that

Attached Files Image(s)