Silhouette check
This is an eye-less, prairies herbivore creature based on rhinoceros. It'll go from thumbnail to color concept to zbrush sculpt, as a learning experience project. Any thoughts on how the silhouettes are interesting or not to you? 

I need to finish both concept painting and sculpt (hopefully with texture) by the first week of March, and right now am at the "what's a z sphere?" stage, watching a sculpting tutorial...

Focus.
I like the middle left the most, it has the most convincing proportions and looks quite cool.
I don't like the others that much honestly.
Is the mouth the part near the chin? i cant imagine this thing eating if its a grazer like a rhino. Would have to lay flat on it's belly to graze.
Cool start though, keep at it bro!

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
(01-24-2016, 09:28 PM)xelfereht Wrote: I like the middle left the most, it has the most convincing proportions and looks quite cool.
I don't like the others that much honestly.
Is the mouth the part near the chin? i cant imagine this thing eating if its a grazer like a rhino. Would have to lay flat on it's belly to graze.
Cool start though, keep at it bro!

Lol, you're right about the mouth not being able to reach the ground... I didn't even noticed that. I'm trying to give it more neck without it looking like it's out of balanced, while figuring out how to sculpt and what tools are there in ZBrush: 

Focus.
Thumbs Up 
looks like a nice start, I opened zbrush up once..pushed around the belly fat of a pre rendered model and closed it.. will give it a go sometime..
was thinking the reason for the crab claw looking head.. maybe its raises up when its head is down.so predators think its still paying attention when its really focused on eating. also might solve the interference issue.

anyway, looking good sofar
[Image: untitled_1rhinothing_by_andrew_gibbons-d9pqaaa.jpg]

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357