Leesment's Sketchbook
Finally decided to sign up here on CD and I have no idea what to write in this post. 
Most of my stuff can be found on permanoobs, exploring things that are not still lives(?) ( Permanoobs Sketchbook)

I recently started working on overcoming the fear of creating from imagination, my recent stuff from imagination is mostly creatures as that is something I would like to work with for a living, I yet have to figure out how to bring anything to completion but until then I will work hard and improve.

Someday I hope that someone will find my sketchbook as intimidating as I find yours to be. Cheers.

Attached Files Image(s)

A small update. Lets hope for a bit more productive week.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey there,

I have to say while I think you've made a great start to your sketches you don't seem to show confidence in carrying them through to the final stages. Even looking at your permanoobs thread it's obvious you're more confident in your still life's than in your creative pieces. As you said, there's that fear of painting from the imagination.

There's honestly nothing to be afraid of, but I will say to you most of the hesitation we experience comes from merely not knowing the next step.

When in doubt it's perfectly Okay to leave a sketch and come back to it, adding a few strokes each time and looking at it afresh.

You have some interesting concept sketches on permanoobs but if you don't dive in and flesh them out we'll never see your full potential!

Welcome to CD and hope to see you develop!

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
(02-07-2016, 08:15 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Hey there,

I have to say while I think you've made a great start to your sketches you don't seem to show confidence in carrying them through to the final stages. Even looking at your permanoobs thread it's obvious you're more confident in your still life's than in your creative pieces. As you said, there's that fear of painting from the imagination.

There's honestly nothing to be afraid of, but I will say to you most of the hesitation we experience comes from merely not knowing the next step.

When in doubt it's perfectly Okay to leave a sketch and come back to it, adding a few strokes each time and looking at it afresh.

You have some interesting concept sketches on permanoobs but if you don't dive in and flesh them out we'll never see your full potential!

Welcome to CD and hope to see you develop!

Hello RottenPocket, thanks for stopping by!  You pretty much hit the nail on the head, spot on how I feel pretty much, I hope that with some practice that stuff from imagination won't be as intimidating, guess having free reigns really do make me feel lost.

My first step towards a more finished piece was done this week, I decided to join the Creature of the Week over at conceptart, terrifying and pretty cool experience, will just have to keep at it and work towards reaching that full potential. Thanks again for checking in on me!

---

This piece is probably the most I ever worked on something, it's nothing great but its a step in the right direction I hope, comment and critique it to bits, the composition is something that worried me the most.

Attached Files Image(s)