Legion Sketches
Some additional  studies and some comps trying to use what i learned.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm digging the colors in these thumbanils. Third down from the second column, the comp with the guys jumping from rocks and battling the giants stands out to me. You've got a really nice hierarchy of shapes ranging from the big rock with hooded guy on top in the foreground to the figures in the middleground and some smaller objects in the background. The diagonal placement of shapes also really helps with selling the movement and action.

(03-25-2016, 04:09 PM)DQ_Nick Wrote: I'm digging the colors in these thumbanils.  Third down from the second column, the comp with the guys jumping from rocks and battling the giants stands out to me. You've got a really nice hierarchy of shapes ranging from the big rock with hooded guy on top in the foreground to the figures in the middleground and some smaller objects in the background.  The diagonal placement of shapes also really helps with selling the movement and action.

Hey, I appreciate that! Just wrapped up the Crimson Crucible challenge, so I should be able to move forward with a few of these.
Some recent studies and WIP's

Attached Files Image(s)

Started working on this ugly minotaur thing, will finish tomorrow.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is as far as I was willing to take this thing. Not really happy with it, but I see some areas I can focus on to improve, so not completely worthless. Definitely going to incorporate a few studies for the next one.

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-06-2016, 11:24 AM)Legion Brewer Wrote: Here is as far as I was willing to take this thing. Not really happy with it, but I see some areas I can focus on to improve, so not completely worthless. Definitely going to incorporate a few studies for the next one.

Hey Legion!  Thumbs_up great studies throughout this sketchbook. especially the colour thumbnails. with this latest painting, there are a few things that jump out at me. firstly the face seems a bit flat to me, try to think of the scull and the underlying structure of the face. I think you did a good job on the fur of this minotaur, I like the way you blocked out the overall mass of the fur. I also feel like you could work on your values a bit more. but keep drawing.  Thumbs_up and have fun!

(05-07-2016, 02:06 AM)CTrow Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 11:24 AM)Legion Brewer Wrote: Here is as far as I was willing to take this thing. Not really happy with it, but I see some areas I can focus on to improve, so not completely worthless. Definitely going to incorporate a few studies for the next one.

Hey Legion!  Thumbs_up great studies throughout this sketchbook. especially the colour thumbnails. with this latest painting, there are a few things that jump out at me. firstly the face seems a bit flat to me, try to think of the scull and the underlying structure of the face. I think you did a good job on the fur of this minotaur, I like the way you blocked out the overall mass of the fur. I also feel like you could work on your values a bit more. but keep drawing.  Thumbs_up and have fun!

Awesome, thanks for the tips. Definitely will work harder on the next one.
Some stuff I've done more or less recently.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some more recent stuff. I've been trying to use some cool movies to do studies and apply to personal pieces.

Attached Files Image(s)