Ollo!
Wink 
Hi everyone :) My name is Eli, and I'm from the United Kingdom. I found the forum through Noah Bradley's post on 'Don't go to art school' and as a self taught artist I have found it challenging on how to approach effective art study, and also feel my improvement stunted due to lack of constructive criticism. 

I haven't been apart of an art community for a while, and I think it'll be a great way for me to build up self discipline through accountability. I work a 9 - 5 Monday - Friday job, that unfortunately doesn't involve any drawing and have been struggling to find a balance, as I feel I have been neglecting my art, so hoping this will help get me get into a better routine. 

Currently, my main focus is to improve my figure drawing and anatomy, especially the structure of the head. Art at the moment for me is about building more confidence and having fun, my short term plan is to start work on a personal project, but ultimately I would love to work in character animation or character design. 

I will be starting a sketchbook soon, and looking forward to getting to know you all :D
Welcome mate!
Man, is it ever hard to work AND have time and energy for art. About to jump into something like that myself. I've found the trick is the let yourself not think of the art as "work." It can be tough when you focus on improving too much, since then art turns into work. This is as much for myself as anyone else, but it is so refreshing to just jump into a drawing/ painting for fun -- reminds one why you got in the game in the first place.
Cheers

Just over here trying to get better.
Draw until our asses fall off!

LET'S DO THIS!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Hey EliodiMarsh,

same struggle over here! I don't have nearly the time I wish I had to practice.
By the time I'm finished with my everyday job and have all my groceries bought and cooked or whatever needs to be done in the household it's friggin 9pm!!

But I try to draw and paint every day, I don't wanna be that couch potatoe with no more energy left after work.

I'm also a big fan of Noah Bradley and his approach to learning.
Happy painting, see you around!!

Photoshop CC2015 / MacBook Pro
Procreate / iPad Pro
My SB: nutriman's quest for awesomeness
Hi mate! Looking forward to seeing your sketchbook!

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)